Search the forum,

Discuss Icos he18 l and f code in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Christopher Powell

Gas Engineer
Hi all. Hope you can help.

Been to look at an ideal icos he 18 l & f code. Done everything from the flow chart and changed the flame detection probe. Contacted ideal and they're advice was to boil the kettle a few times and flush the heat exchanger to clear the aluminium oxide build up.

Ive also cleared the trap and cleaned out the sump at tue bottom of the heat exchanger. The water i poured in ran out freely with no restrictions.

Im stumped. Could it be a faulty gas valve as it runs fine for 5 or 10 minutes then cuts out. Leave for a minute and reset and it'll come back on.

If you were registered, you’d have the blue badge.. but you don’t get the free parking

Screenshot_20181212-214436_Chrome.jpg

You rang :D

Fave on them is the flame rec lead , they crack and loose continuity, if the probe is brand new , change the lead , I would also , if the customer is ok with it change the spark gen and the ignition electrode , but you could just change the lead and try it .
That normally fixes them . Good luck

Fave on them is the flame rec lead , they crack and loose continuity, if the probe is brand new , change the lead , I would also , if the customer is ok with it change the spark gen and the ignition electrode , but you could just change the lead and try it .
That normally fixes them . Good luck
The lead from the flame detector? Could it be that simple. Ive tested it with the multimeter and registered voltage when it fired up. Obviously when its running its losing something. Seems strange that after a minute or 2 being shut down it'll start back up again. Ill definitely try it though. Cheers

The lead from the flame detector? Could it be that simple. Ive tested it with the multimeter and registered voltage when it fired up. Obviously when its running its losing something. Seems strange that after a minute or 2 being shut down it'll start back up again. Ill definitely try it though. Cheers

Very cheap , defo worth trying , but I agree you wouldn’t expect it to break down in a few mins , but honestly I have changed loads .

Trying to figure this out.
It would seem that if one is not gas safe registered gas boiler repair
repair advice will not be given on open forum, but once proved to be registered then it is okay to give gas boiler repair advice on open forum.

Trying to figure this out.
It would seem that if one is not gas safe registered gas boiler repair
repair advice will not be given on open forum, but once proved to be registered then it is okay to give gas boiler repair advice on open forum.

Will be moved once he has his badge don't worrie will mop up

Done

You have not broken any rules.

Glad you got the answer you need.

An extra 10000 'experts' out there now able to give advice
on fixing icos's.

You are 100% correct it shouldn’t have been on an open forum , I was more interested the OP was gas safe. As for the 10000 new icos experts they now have an idea how to fix one of the many icos fault codes , half the fault codes dont relate to the specific fault anyway , and I have heard theres only 30 left lol .

Reply to Icos he18 l and f code in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
Icos HE24 showing L-F code. If i reset it goes into start up mode. Can hear burner fire but accompanied by a bubbling/gurgling then goes into L-F .
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Folks Me again I am at my wits end. I want to replace the boiler but I am on my backside and cannot afford to. I have been getting an intermittent F L Code. For around a year. I've had an engineer out 4 times. In that time boiler has had a new PCB, new electrodes, new gaskets, new...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi Fitted a new out the box’s boiler today. It worked for 30 minutes. Then stoped and went to fault codes 2965 B Flow temperature too high ▶ System is not filled with water. ▶ No water flow,because CH system is closed. ▶No water flow, because pump is not operating correctly. ▶ Check flow...
Replies
Views
N
Hi All I know I know ... another HE24 LF code problem. Fix is replace boiler ;-) My problem is slightly different to other posts I've been reading in that the boiler works fine for 95% of the time. It will often go a few days then we get the LF code. We hit reset and it always always...
Replies
Views
Mikesin
M
Hi All I tried posting this already and lost post so here goes again. I'll start from the beginning so please bare with me. Few Months ago I was getting intermittent heating with occasional flame error code on my ICOS HE12. British gas engineer came out when the system was working and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock