Search the forum,

Discuss I think I just nailed an apprenticeship in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I had been ringing round companies for a bit, looking to be taken on. A woman from Lomax Training had got back to me as we exchanged emails (Btw has anyone heard of this company before?). I was told I would get a "level 2 qualification" once I was done, not sure if that's an NVQ or what, but I sent an email asking but it turned out I actually sent it to myself so I don't know but hey ho I'll ask once I'm there. I think it's like a few years or so, and I'll be doing all sorts of jobs that I have to be assessed on. But the thing I'm buzzed about is that I get paid, I can still attend college doing the plumbing diploma in college, and from my knowledge, now having this apprenticeship should boost me up a year in college as the tutor told me. I get like, apprentice wages at something around £3.70 an hour but hey I think it'll be fun. She said the next position opens in a few weeks if I still want the place. I hope this hard work pays off.

But yeah, I suppose I better ask a question with this post so it doesn't seem like I'm just posting for the sake of it (but I am quite pleased though).
Any particular tips on how to be in an apprenticeship would not go amiss.

Cheers all,

Joshua

Morning Joshua congratulations on landing a place NVQS are hard to come by these days you need to get your head down and put the hard work in now , it won't be easy and many young guys take the ---- muddle through or drop out you have been given a opportunity to gain a career which will provide you with a good salary and prospects for the future don't let yourself down do the very best you can gain the highest grades and future employers will snap you up. All the best kop.

Morning Joshua congratulations on landing a place NVQS are hard to come by these days you need to get your head down and put the hard work in now , it won't be easy and many young guys take the ---- muddle through or drop out you have been given a opportunity to gain a career which will provide you with a good salary and prospects for the future don't let yourself down do the very best you can gain the highest grades and future employers will snap you up. All the best kop.

Cheers pal, I'm gonna absolutely smash it in terms of effort at least, I've never been the sort of guy that pi**es away an opportunity. I'm gonna get my head down and really get in some work. But thanks mate.

All the best,
Joshua

Cheers pal, I'm gonna absolutely smash it in terms of effort at least, I've never been the sort of guy that pi**es away an opportunity. I'm gonna get my head down and really get in some work. But thanks mate.

All the best,
Joshua
Any advice you need come back to us lot and keep us up to date please. centralheatking

One of the unspoken about qualifications people starting out should have is a driving licence and maybe a mota. I think a driving licence is equivalent to a degree.
centralheatking

1. It is a lot easier to progress through the levels of qualifications at the start of your career when you are relatively commitment-free and bursting with 'potential' than to try to catch up later in life when you have a family to support and need to put food on the table.

2. Try to learn not just how to perform a particular skill/task but also the reasons it is normally used and/or done in that manner.

I had been ringing round companies for a bit, looking to be taken on. A woman from Lomax Training had got back to me as we exchanged emails (Btw has anyone heard of this company before?). I was told I would get a "level 2 qualification" once I was done, not sure if that's an NVQ or what, but I sent an email asking but it turned out I actually sent it to myself so I don't know but hey ho I'll ask once I'm there. I think it's like a few years or so, and I'll be doing all sorts of jobs that I have to be assessed on. But the thing I'm buzzed about is that I get paid, I can still attend college doing the plumbing diploma in college, and from my knowledge, now having this apprenticeship should boost me up a year in college as the tutor told me. I get like, apprentice wages at something around £3.70 an hour but hey I think it'll be fun. She said the next position opens in a few weeks if I still want the place. I hope this hard work pays off.

But yeah, I suppose I better ask a question with this post so it doesn't seem like I'm just posting for the sake of it (but I am quite pleased though).

Cheers all,

Joshua

Hi Joshua,
Congratulations, and hopefully you will maintain your enthusiasm. There are far worse ways to make a living :) .

Lomax training ar just that - a training company. They don't actually employ apprentices, so, if everything is Kosher, there must be an employer working with them. What seems a little odd is that I sense you have not had any interviews or testing. Employers don't normally commit to an expensive course without meeting the candidates, and will often demand a CRB check

I hope my bells are alarming unnecessarily, but have you received anything on writing?

I genuinely hope all is above board, and wish you luck.

Hi Joshua,
Congratulations, and hopefully you will maintain your enthusiasm. There are far worse ways to make a living :) .

Lomax training ar just that - a training company. They don't actually employ apprentices, so, if everything is Kosher, there must be an employer working with them. What seems a little odd is that I sense you have not had any interviews or testing. Employers don't normally commit to an expensive course without meeting the candidates, and will often demand a CRB check

I hope my bells are alarming unnecessarily, but have you received anything on writing?

I genuinely hope all is above board, and wish you luck.
I think we might all look at this company and establish if they are ok in our opinion, I will get my Mr Clement to put them thro our mincer tomorrow,
centralheatking

Joshua - are you still there?

"J" couldn't be a spammer from Lomax. Could he?

Sorry pal I'm still here, I'm definitely not a spammer though mate but I understand your concern.

I'm just hawking all the posts, waiting for that golden one that says "yeah checked them out, seems green to me". Sorry If I seem absent from my own thread

Sorry pal I'm still here, I'm definitely not a spammer though mate but I understand your concern.

I'm just hawking all the posts, waiting for that golden one that says "yeah checked them out, seems green to me". Sorry If I seem absent from my own thread

OK,mate. Sorry to be cynical. Did you get a written offer, and did you have any interviews etc?

Hi Josh, we carried out a due diligence check on lomax. If they were a company that mine wanted to do business with on the first pass we would . I suggest you go along and start and keep,us informed . Rob Foster aka centralheatking

OK,mate. Sorry to be cynical. Did you get a written offer, and did you have any interviews etc?

To be honest mate, no, no interviews so far. The lady I have been in contact with has said to me I'm definitely "in" though, I'll attend and pick their brains while I'm there about what I gain and how it's done. I'll also ask my college tutor when I return.

Cheers pal,
Joshua

Hi Josh, we carried out a due diligence check on lomax. If they were a company that mine wanted to do business with on the first pass we would . I suggest you go along and start and keep,us informed . Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Thanks a bunch mate that's really useful. I'll start and keep you informed as I go along.

Thanks again pal,
Joshua

Reply to I think I just nailed an apprenticeship in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock