Search the forum,

Discuss I really need your help. Gas related (Heat inputs etc) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello everybody,

This is my first post and as ive noticed a lot of people are very critical when people ask questions please have my assurance i have been studying for about a week and im simply trying to get ahead.

I have been given a MI sample which is found on a boiler which reads the following

Range rating . Min . Max
Heat Input KW 16.3 19.1
Heat Output KW 11.7 . 16.4KW
Hot burner pressure mBar 7.4 . 5.2

Im a little confused by it all even after looking up other posts what it means by heat input and heat out put etc.

Am i correct in saying that the burner pressure is measured on the the outlet port of the gas valve and this checks the pressure of which the burner is operating at ?

Regarding gas rate is this the same as heat Input ?

Thankyou guys

simple way to look at it

heat input simple way to look at this is the input of gas

heat output how much heat is the boiler producing for the system

burner pressure is normally tested on a port either p2 of the gas valve or on the burner tube (normally a test point on the tube going to the burners)

and yes but will be in m3/h or ft3/h

lets say you do your gas rate and you get 1.64m3/hr to turn this into a kw rating

1.64 x 10.65 = 17.46kw

etc

Lee what are you trying to get ahead off ?
Input is the amount of heat energy release when the boiler burns the fuel.
Output is the amount given out to the water or air.
This gives you an idea of how efficient it is.

We can't answer the burner related questions as it is open forum.
Edit - (Or maybe Shaun can)

Reply to I really need your help. Gas related (Heat inputs etc) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock