Search the forum,
  • Thread starter Sharp Point
  • Start date
  • Replies 20
  • Views 207

Discuss I do admire the French audicity. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

S

Sharp Point

Look at the yellow vests! Where has the English back bone gone?

Oh, we’ve been given everything for so long..... we’ve gone soft.

I just like the way the stand up to the system.
I remember years ago travelling through France to go skiing on coach, we were held up on motorway for ages, the coach driver took a detour at the next junction and in the distance, you could see a load of tractors side by side on the motorway travelling at a snail pace..... the feckers know how to get their point across.

Yes, but initially, what were the French objecting to? Being made to pay fuel tax. I cannot really say I agree with them.
Macron introduced awhole lot of tax changes including fuel, income tax, business tax and changes to the pensions so what started as a fuel tax protest very quickly grew to include the other stuff. They are protesting as the average person see`s it as helping the elite whilst hurting the average worker - Remind you of anybody this side of the water? :D
That said I don`t understand why you damage someones car or scooter.

Look at the yellow vests! Where has the English back bone gone?

Oh, we’ve been given everything for so long... we’ve gone soft.
I don't think that you lot South of the Border have gone soft, although the government that you elected into the UK parliament is responsible for the entire Brexit fiasco. The UK government has spent the last two years fighting amongst themselves instead of getting on with a decent Brexit outcome. Twelve cabinet minister resignations later and it's reached stalemate. Now that May's Brexit plans have been voted down in the UK parliament by historical proportions, she has a damn cheek to "reach out to the other parties!" This is the most important decision in the 300 years of the UK and it's been left to a bunch of inept right wing crazies. From day one, every party leader from the four nations of this island should have been allowed to get involved and shape the Brexit negotatiations. We'd have been well finished by now if that had been allowed to happen!

The whole world must be laughing at us , absolute shambles

No 'must be' about it Town. They 100% are!

Britain is paralysed by its single party politics. The single most successful country in the Western World since the war (Germany), has had continual coalitions...
They'd had enough of ideological bl00dy lunatics and realised they needed the checks and balance that the input of others provided.

Whatever your deity, you'd better start praying cos UK PLC is in for one rubbish time. Whatever happens, the divide will deepen cos our politicians have managed to screw it so bad that 50% of UK citizens 'lose'.

"Always look on the bright siiide of life..." :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::D

Trump or Merkel?

Personally? EU. Why? We understand what tbey want to do. They are at least predictable.

During WWII the USA, our 'friends', fecked us over big style. We have literally only just stopped paying the backstabbing scum back for their 'help'. It is estimated we paid over 20 times its value.

The 'special relationship', is the US shouts & we go 'how high'. At least in the EU we had some clout.

The EU is a great idea in theory but it seems to have lost its way.

Espresso or Pumpkin spiced Latte?
Mercedes or Chrysler?
Croissant or pancakes?

I just like the way the stand up to the system.

When the egg farmers could no longer make profit on their produce they went and started pushing crates with 100,000 eggs each time out the back of a truck onto the ground outside the tax offices. They vowed to keep doing this every day until they got a tax break or something like that. They only had to do that for a couple of days before they got back into profit with new quotas that did not generate a surplus.

French egg farmers smash 100,000 eggs in protest - Farmers Weekly

Reply to I do admire the French audicity. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, looking for some advice/pointing in the right direction. We’ve got a glow worm betacom 24c combi boiler, installed by the last owners. Doing some research it seems as though they cheaped out. Having an issue where the boiler is making a loud groaning/ howling sound when running hot water...
Replies
Views
We have a Glowworm BBU56F (back boiler). Its well-maintained/serviced and since we’ve been in the property (15 years) only the Thermocouple was replaced in July of this year, otherwise has been running fine. We’ve not had heating/hot water for a month now, and with 2 young kids/unwell missus...
Replies
Views
So it is time for me to scrap my vivaro which has just be written off my the insurance company after someone crashed into the van while parked. Lucky as I was just going to dump it this yr any way. Will be sad as have had it for 12yrs. Any way, need to get a new one which complies with euro 6...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone.... I want to convert my oil boilers from gas oil to kerosene. Given that I know the existing nozzle size and pump pressure, is there any way to calculate the required nozzle size and pressure required to get the same heat output on kero? I checked the pump manual for the...
Replies
Views
A
Hi all. Hope all is well and safe. I need your advice please. I have a Valliant boiler serving the CH and DHW (megaflo). Just recently, we’ve had underfloor heating installed. Before the UFH was installed, the boiler flow temp was set at 65C (it could be adjusted to 75C) using the -/+ buttons...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock