Search the forum,

Discuss How to set a timer for my hot water tank? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I have just moved into a 2 year old flat and I'm unable to set a timer to heat my hot water. If I use the boost button on the tank then the hot water does work after around an hour, but, without pushing the boost button I don't get any hot water.

My tank is: Telford Tristor VENTED SYSTEM COMBINATION Thermal Store Copper Cylinder Supplying Mains Pressure Hot Water 150 LITRES

It also has a honeywell VC4613 attached to the tank.

On the wall in the boiler room is a micro driver fil pilote 2h - I think this is for the electric radiators in the flat though?

Any advice would be great,

Thanks.

I'm not sure what the timer is? I have no idea if it's called a honeywell or micro driver fil pilote 2h. Those are the only other 2 things in the room with the tank?

Sorry I just presumed the boost button was on a timer/programmer.

The Honeywell valve in the picture could be the culprit, there should be an adjustable thermostat on the cylinder , that you can adjust by hand / finger , just check nobody has turned it down .
The thermostat controls the Honeywell valve

My guess is if that clock is battery powered the cheap batteries have probably leaked and corroded the contacts. Even more so if the flat has been empty for a period of time.

Pfftttttt found it lol , on my phone . Moved to I pad now .
Thats for lecy rads I think

I turned the unit off because I was told that's just for the electric radiators? It turns on and works, but, we don't need the heating at the moment.

The honeywell has an adjustable movement on the side? Is that what you're talking about?

I turned the unit off because I was told that's just for the electric radiators? It turns on and works, but, we don't need the heating at the moment.

The honeywell has an adjustable movement on the side? Is that what you're talking about?

There should be a thermostat on the cylinder pal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How to set a timer for my hot water tank? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock