Search the forum,

Discuss How to Drain / Refill my Central Heating ?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Very Good Morning from soaking wet London,
Would any one be able to look at photo attached to help me out a bit, how do I drain and refill this system, its New Build , CH , Heat Exchanger, no bleed valves and one very trigger happy amateur (utter) plumber to be.
Cheers have a goooood Sunday
Seb
hmmmm.jpg

What’s behind the boxing ? Any pictures ?

Also any pictures of the boiler and the heat exchanger in order to figure what type of system you have.

No boiler no cylinder

It's a hiu

Easiest way is to drain via a rad

But your missing the filling loop unless you have it ?

No boiler no cylinder

It's a hiu

No boiler no cylinder

It's a hiu

Hi Shaun
Correct no boiler no cylinder,
As I understand , switch boiler off , open bleed valve and drain the rad ,Right/
How do I refill system afterwards?
Sorry for being a ****

Would need to see behind the cover to see what the gauge does

Communal closed loop supplies warm water to flats,heat exchanger or hiu warms up my closed loop,Central Heating brings it up to higher temp, thats my understanding.Two separate loops one communal one is my central heating.

Thank you.

Similar to a ground source system. 1 loop is the ground array (similar to your communal supply of warm water) shoebox transfers the heat as you have heat exchanger and finally the internal loop to heat you rads and hot water.

Thank you.

Similar to a ground source system. 1 loop is the ground array (similar to your communal supply of warm water) shoebox transfers the heat as you have heat exchanger and finally the internal loop to heat you rads and hot water.
Thank you.

So Chaps bit of advice from bigger than mine brain please, what to do to drain system, boiler off and spanners on , open rad and let it bleed?
and more importantly what to do do refill system?
Is it gonna be filling loop connected between pipe with the pressure gauge and .... thats where Im stuck. GREEN tap valve (second from the right on the pic) or blue tap valve third from the right on the pic.
Any ideas highly appreciated.
Cheers Seb

I think but can't confirm until you remove the cover gauge might be sys pressure or cold mains

I believe you have f&r from the communal boiler
Heating out to your rads
Cold in an hot out

It's like a combi but uses high temp heating water not gas

Sorry mate what does it mean?
I am controlling my heating and been told that the flat has separate system.
How do i refill it is my question
Your flats hiu controls your heating and hot water
You have a constant heigh temp flow and return to the communal heating supply

Your flats hiu controls your heating and hot water
You have a constant heigh temp flow and return to the communal heating supply
hi Scott I got that , apparently there is two circus one communal u mentioned and on in the flat central heating lets call it.
I have been told by eon to go ahead and change the radiators as every plumber will know how to do it.

above and see if you can establish which

May I ask why your wanting to change the rads ?

Because at present rad is smack bang in the middle of the wall looks just wrong and it doesnt do much to warm the room
Do you know how to drain this system Scott?

Yes as I've said drain it via the rad valve and a tray / bucket

Yes as I've said drain it via the rad valve and a tray / bucket
Thats great I thought u saying it cant be done,
Thank you
If u have a min could you look at the pic o top of the thread
Im not sure how to refill
I mean there is two options second pipe from right green tap or third blue tap
I hope it makes sense im sorry for being annoying but as u probably realise not a plumber.. .not even close
Cheers

Thats great I thought u saying it cant be done,
Thank you
If u have a min could you look at the pic o top of the thread
Im not sure how to refill
I mean there is two options second pipe from right green tap or third blue tap
I hope it makes sense im sorry for being annoying but as u probably realise not a plumber.. .not even close
Cheers

I've said before I need a pic without the case on

Yep it's the two valves we thought so remove the caps and normally a washing machine hose fits the threads unless it's something special

I just did and i can here water slowly dripping now do i need to call engineer out??

Yes sorry to say

You can see if you can stop it by opening it fully until it click / slams shut it might work but often it doesnt

Reply to How to Drain / Refill my Central Heating ?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock