Search the forum,

Discuss How to Commission a glow worm betacom 4 30c combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Inverness

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi guys, I've just wasted so much time trying to figure out how do I achieve low and high firing from this boiler..
I've read the manual many times but still don't make sense.
I did a replacement boiler change which should of taken half the day not 12 hours! Due to not managing to commission the boiler..
This boiler is so complicated with electronics over the top as it's only a combi boiler.
Can someone who knows explain in detail how to set this boiler for high fire and low fire. As I would much appreciate it, I did try phoning glow worm technical line but closed over the weekend! I should of stuck with Worcester I'll never use glow worm again.

Thanks, I did try and do what you pm sent. The manual for this betacom 4 is so complicate. How do I get on to the p01? Do I hold Down the power and mode button together? i can't find what the co2 should be at low and high fire? I'm only getting 18mb when dhw is on, nothing in the manual about the working pressure should be?!

power button until you see {} then let go

then press mode until you see p1 then let go

press mode for that program then use the + - to increase or decrease the % eg 0 min 100 max

whats meter working?

Gas rate dhw on at meter 2.94mh/3 but I've read the manual and it states to have the front case on.
I did it with the case off, But I'll re do it.
In the manual it states Working gas pressure between 17/20mb, I got 18mb.
I can't find what the co2 needs to be?

not on the first year

dont have a clue i would think around 8.5-8.7

I also struggled for a good 20 minutes trying to work this out! I believe once you adjust it from 0-100 you don't press anything after that and it just fires up to min/max. Also the co2...9.2 +- 1.0 so aslong as min is within 8.2-10.2. as for gas pressure. What's your working pressure at the meter...at worst if it was 19mb and 1mb drop across pipework 1mb allowance for the gas cock. You would have 17mb. All depends on your working at meter to determine if your 18mb is satisfactory.

Thank you.. once you've commissioned the boiler is there any other adjustments you need to do as there's so many codes that can be adjusted for pump over run etc... or just leave it factory setting.

Also the gas cock has its on test point but nothing says in the manual about testing the gas inlet on the gas valve like you would on a Worcester boiler.
If I test the meter working pressure at max say 20mb then put the test tube on the gas cock on the boiler and it says 18mb. That's within the 1mb drop allowed across the pipe work. But do I test the gas valve inside the boiler or just the gas cock valve with the test point? Confused

You don't have to touch the gas valve on this boiler from factory. Just working pressure at gascock test point. If you had 20mb working at meter. 1mb drop across pipework, 1mb allowance on test point you would have 18mb...needs to be checked tho otherwise there's a problem.

Thank you.. once you've commissioned the boiler is there any other adjustments you need to do as there's so many codes that can be adjusted for pump over run etc... or just leave it factory setting.

Personally I only really adjust the heating partial load if it's a small heating system. Other than that leave everything pretty much factory

I haven't done the test at the meter yet. It's only the test point on the gas cock that is required. Would it need to be programmed in for commissioning at max or could i open a dhw tap for full fire?
So if I get working pressure at meter 19mb and say 18mb at gas cock.im within the 1mb across the pipework. I totally appreciate your time and patience mate!

I haven't done the test at the meter yet. It's only the test point on the gas cock that is required.
I would read the instructions again. There will be somewhere stating 1mb drop accross the installation pipework. The benchmark doesn't require you to log the mb reading at the meter but you do have to test it. You could have 18mb at your boiler inlet but 21mb at the meter which would point to incorrect sizing, at the same time you could have 14mb at the boiler and 15mb at the meter which is perfectly acceptable so test it. And just opening a tap isn't how the instructions are asking you to test at max so you wouldn't be commissioning the boiler properly.

Did my flue gas analyst and my reading for ppm 199 co2 9.3% ppm ratio 0.0021, I phoned the technical helpline as I had to adjust the co2.
The ppm is with 350ppm and ratio is less than 0.004.
working pressure at boiler 18mb and at the meter 19mb.

The tolerance for the co2 9.2-10.2% for max and minimum. I don't know why this is not stated in the manufactures book.
The tolerance is 8.2% - 10.2% and it states it on page 20.

20190114_194528.png

ppm bit high would really want it under 150 on a brand new boiler

no would recommend adjusting i would get gloworm out tbh

Please explain to me how 15mb working pressure at the meter is acceptable?
How isn't it? In some areas of the UK where the gas network is stretched, during peak times that's all you get, for this reason boiler manufacturers have been forced to ensure their boilers function properly at pressures down to 14mb.

Eg middle of winter

Reply to How to Commission a glow worm betacom 4 30c combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I have a Glow-worm back boiler which is giving me grief (I would have upgraded it by now but its a listed building and there's issues with venting through the external wall and I'm reluctant to go with an electric boiler instead (because of the consumption cost)). It's a sealed system. The...
Replies
Views
Just been to a nightmare of a job! Had to carry out a service on the 2009 British Gas 330 + (GC: 41-019-11) It's a Glow Worm boiler. The boiler was flashing SE even before I arrived, which I assumed the service reminder needed resetting. After completing the service I contact Glow Worm to...
Replies
Views
I am looking for some basic advice please My house is on two floors, approx 240m2 and a spacious loft with good headroom and access. Glow Worm 30HXi boiler burning LPG housed in a ground floor attached storage room running 16 radiators including 6 doubles and a standard low output shower on the...
Replies
Views
So I've got a Glow Worm back boiler fronted by a gas fire, at least 15 years old probably a lot more. The water heating makes a row as there is a partial blockage in one of the pipes - this I believe to be resolvable with a power flush and pump replacement. The front fire is spilling fumes and...
Replies
Views
Good morning all, just a quick one here and i was wondering if someone could give a little advice on their own experience. I don't usually do a lot of installs or a tremendous amount of gas work but obviously when I do undertake these things then I try my best to keep within the appropriate...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock