Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss How to change a bath tap cartridge in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. kat77

kat77 New Member

my bath taps have no obvious grub screw so how do I get it off to replace the cartridge? Is it as simple as the top just pulls off? I don’t want to break them! There is no makers name on them for me to contact. They are quarter turn taps. Thanks

F4CD4D0F-3EEE-4896-A5B2-DB2AE15BB26B.jpeg

2. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

They probably pull off email Hudson reed a picture it maybe one of theirs.

• Like Like x 1
  3. steadyon

steadyon Active Member

Try Hudson Reed as Harvest Fields suggests, or try Shower Doctor.

However, that's a three hole mixer. You'll almost certainly have to take the taps to pieces under the bath to get the cartridges out. If those taps are in the middle of the long edge of the bath you may well need access from the other side of the wall or have to take the bath out.

4. kat77

kat77 New Member

Thank you both for your help, I messaged Hudson reed who responded very quickly and told me they should pull off! Thanks again :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

You’re welcome mate. Make sure that you pop back again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. YorkshireDave

YorkshireDave Plumber Top Contributor!!

Even with a three hole, in the UK, I've never had to remove a body to change cartridges.

• Agree Agree x 1