Search the forum,

Discuss how often an oil fired burner should be on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello, does anyone of you can give me information with regard to the frequency of an oil burner on - off cycle?
For example, how often is permissible for a oil burner to cycle ON - OFF within an hour?
Recently I noticed that an oil burner ON - OFF CYCLE was a little bit short ( about 10 minutes ) , regardless off the water temperature (65 C).
I believe that either the hydrostat (of the boiler ) or the room thermostat is the culprit .

How longs a piece of string?

Boiler size, heat load, boiler thermostat setting, room start setting etc etc etc.

Whoever services your boiler should know.

The Honeywell programmer/thermostat I'm looking at right now has a minimum cycle-time setting. Honeywell say 10 minutes (the default) is their recommended value for gas boilers but to increase this to three cycles per hour (20 minutes) for oil.

As always, the manufacturers' instructions for your specific boiler need to be consulted and followed.

Reply to how often an oil fired burner should be on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock