Search the forum,

Discuss How Much Would Gassafe Engineer Expect For Salary? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
My cousin has been doing a lot of general plumbing for a housing association. They know want him to take on combi installations and repairs/servicing. I am also a plumber, and will be joining him to help with the increased work load.

Neither of us is Gassafe regd. so will need to employ someone who is. How much will a Gassafe engineer expect the be paid p.a.?, They won't need to be too experienced as manufacturers product training will be given to help with fault finding and commissionin and servicing.

i'm not gas safe but i would think they would want about £20-25K+.also, personally i would want someone with quite a lot of experience to work on gas. imho.

My cousin has been doing a lot of general plumbing for a housing association. They know want him to take on combi installations and repairs/servicing. I am also a plumber, and will be joining him to help with the increased work load.

Neither of us is Gassafe regd. so will need to employ someone who is. How much will a Gassafe engineer expect the be paid p.a.?, They won't need to be too experienced as manufacturers product training will be given to help with fault finding and commissionin and servicing.

Mate of mine does this line of work...employs a few guys. Makes loads of dough. Don't know what an GSI wants as a salary as I've always been self employed.

What area are you in?

Thanks for the replies. Those were the sort of figures I thought.

Danny, I'm in Bristol.

What is the job market like with RGIs at the mo. Lots of jobs on offer, or like plumbing, are there lots of guys chasing a few jobs?

Personally I can't work enough hours to get everything done...but then this is PEAK time of year. Try asking again in July and see what I say....I'll probably be begging you for a job. I'm not joking. This summer was awful.

where abouts are you located?

O.k i do boiler installs for several H/A's and when busy i easily clear four figure pay packets then go onto do my work . When gas servicing i get a fair wedge as well but i sub contract so have expense of van ,fuel etc.

I always thought Housing Associations put the work out to tender?

They require min standards for employees/ contracts ect.

Min service standards for attending breakdowns??

I would suggest you enquire further before getting too excited.

Kev.

the alarm bells are ringing with this one, you want 2 different people, you want a gas engineer to fit boilers and you want a repair guy, although technically they could be the same guy the reality is that they aare 2 different people, you say they wont need much experience ( i read cheap into that) so depending on the contract conditions you are going to send an inexperienced guy to chuck parts at a boiler and either expevt the client to pay £400 for every repair or you will be on a fixed fee and will need to do plumbing jobs 24/7 to pay for the parts he is fitting that you dont get paid for, you seem to want to be a middle man to this, my well intentioned advice to this scenario is to leave well alone and tell the client to simply give their gas work to gas firm, if you get involved you will get burned one way or the other, i could get you a recently qualified guy just through a CAT3 course who has virtually no experience to fit your boilers and service has appliances all day long, perfectly safely but maybe not too quick for £9-10 per hour to start with, i could also get you a top notch repair guy for about £32k+ per yr, plus a van and mobile, the problem is you want the 332k guy for £9phr and they dont exist

i also thought it was hard to get onto housing associations doing gas work, if he was to take on a gas person, then would he not need to get gas safe registered and register that engineer onto his registration ?? if the H/A were paying him say £200 for a combi swap then he cant really sub that out again at £100, he would have to employ someone full time and pay him £11+ an hour, if hes advanced £12.50+, then your looking at not alot of money/ profit from the job, i would stay clear really unless you can do the work yourself your not going to be making much profit from it. Plus a well experienced installer/repair engineer who is capable of doing both would not want to be working for that type of money I would imagine.

PS I know this is an old threa but I'm just adding my views.

Neither of us is Gassafe regd. so will need to employ someone who is. How much will a Gassafe engineer expect the be paid p.a.?, They won't need to be too experienced as manufacturers product training will be given to help with fault finding and commissionin and servicing.[/QUOTE

2 rabbits and a ferret

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How Much Would Gassafe Engineer Expect For Salary? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock