Search the forum,

Discuss How long can I leave in Sentinel X400 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

ABB

Hello,

I’ve got a build up of sludge in my system so wanted to run a cleaner through. I have a magnaclean fitted so was hoping to add Sentinel X400 to the system and leave it in indefinitely - just cleaning the magnaclean weekly for a few weeks until it runs clean rather than draining/refilling system.

In theory is there any problem with leaving X400 in the system indefinitely? If so is there any other product that will do the job I want and can be left in the system permanently?

Appreciate any advice.

Hello,

I’ve got a build up of sludge in my system so wanted to run a cleaner through. I have a magnaclean fitted so was hoping to add Sentinel X400 to the system and leave it in indefinitely - just cleaning the magnaclean weekly for a few weeks until it runs clean rather than draining/refilling system.

In theory is there any problem with leaving X400 in the system indefinitely? If so is there any other product that will do the job I want and can be left in the system permanently?

Appreciate any advice.
Call or email Sentinel is your best bet.

830140D2-AF1A-4725-AABE-3D9176AF5379.png

Just read the instructions:

https://www.sentinelprotects.com/si...t-sheets/sentinel_pfs_x400_uk_v5_jan_2019.pdf

This says that you can leave X400 in the system indefinitely but it only keeps the sludge in suspension for 3-4 weeks, i.e. for full effectiveness you need to drain/flush and refill with clean water and inhibitor within that period.

The problem with your no-drain/magnaclean approach is that not all the components of sludge are magnetic so they'll stay in the system unless you drain.

Last edited:

Reply to How long can I leave in Sentinel X400 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock