Search the forum,

Discuss How long and rough price? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
taking out old open vent system and replacing with Combi boiler(36 cdi compact). Re-running 15metres of 28mm new gas supply internally through 2 walls and under floorboards up stairs. And re-placing 10 metres of lead main buried in plaster?

So powerflush
rip out old system
hang boiler
run new gas carcass
pipe boiler
commission

I will be using a plume management kit, which states on installation manual that the air duct can be 150mm away from boundary line as long as plume kit is 300mm

How long and how much? Not done a job like this on my own. Always just a straight swop

all guestimates welcome

Oh and it is Ealing area

Last edited:
Hi chaps this is an open forum. Maybe best discussed in the closed gas safe section?

Take a lad with you ,ÂŁ40 a day to fetch, carry, chisel out and tidy up. And you can blame him if something goes wrong!

3k, 2days, and go back on the third day to check for leaks, hand over the paperwork and get your cash, couple of services in the afternoon of the third day, then take along weekend..... you deserve it

blimey, I cannot believe how fast you guys are. 2-3 days?

This is me: 1 day powerflush
1 day ripping out old pipework, cwsc, cylinder, lead pipe, boiler
1 day hanging boiler, drilling flue and running new gas pipe
1 day piping up boiler, wiring and flushing through
1 day commission and hand over

That is my thinking

blimey, I cannot believe how fast you guys are. 2-3 days?

This is me: 1 day powerflush
1 day ripping out old pipework, cwsc, cylinder, lead pipe, boiler
1 day hanging boiler, drilling flue and running new gas pipe
1 day piping up boiler, wiring and flushing through
1 day commission and hand over

That is my thinking

your days are like mine.....4-5 hours long.....

A decent team would have that up and running in a day easily. Second day to manual flush/powerflush,wire and patch up.

I see! I always prefer to get more on the job to get it done quicker to save any inconvenience to customer.

3 days is easily achievable on your own, I also prefer to get an extra pair of hands in even if just for a day just to limit the times without water, heating etc for the customer.

I qoute for 2 engineers to do these jobs mate at a starting price of 2500 as others say get someone to help or a 2nd engineer.

I qoute for 2 engineers to do these jobs mate at a starting price of 2500 as others say get someone to help or a 2nd engineer.

don't know any other engineers. and getting a labourer in i don't know will waste my time telling them what to do all the time

don't know any other engineers. and getting a labourer in i don't know will waste my time telling them what to do all the time

Ask on here if you need a hand. If you do want an extra pair of hands I may be able to help out for a day of two if needed, just drop me a pm.

As the old system is draining, your hanging the new boiler, core out the hole and pipe new boiler, then finish ripping the last lot out. Convert all to mains, tee in flow returns and hot water. Check for leaks

Day two setup powerflush as your doing the gas, condense, prv commission and test

Third day making good, paperwork snags etc, get paid

I do it roughly like this and i normally work on my own

Thats on green deal, just isolate the flow and returns if you that worried about it

If you're on your own and unsure, five days. If not three should see it done. Do it on price and docents matter.

Quote for 5 days and hope to finish in 3 then either book more work in or take a long weekend.

Don't share your wages with anyone other than a cheap lackey unless you really need to get it done fast. No point finishing the job in 2 days, paying someone else then sitting on your backside wed, thurs and friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How long and rough price? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock