Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss How is a plumbing job so hard to find in the New Member Introductions area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Matthew89

Matthew89 New Member

I have a level 2 plumbing diploma and looking to complete my Nvq. I’m struggling to find work anywhere. I’ve contacted around 80 companies/ self employed. How is it so hard to start off in plumbing

2. YorkshireDave

YorkshireDave Plumber Top Contributor!!

Matthew welcome.

Top and bottom is that poor guys like you are sold a pup. The training organisations all need to land bums on seats so will tell you anything. The reality is that there is great oversupply of not so experienced plumbers in the plumbing world and this means most folk like your selves find it very difficult. Do not think you are alone by any means as only 15% ish of those entering training end up in the trade.

IMHO, the secret is to demonstrate to potential colleagues what you can do for them and NOT what you want from them. Few people have the time or inclination to be magnanimous so they'll need to feel you can earn for them more than you take from them.

Keep going.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Welcome. You have to really sell yourself. This game is very difficult.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Murdoch

Murdoch Active Member

Add your location to your visible profile .. write a decent introduction as a new thread, outlining your experience, where you live and how far you will travel and you never know, somebody on here might need you ...

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

• Like Like x 3
  6. Murdoch

Murdoch Active Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

And fill it out with details of any hands on experience in the real world so far, at 28 I guess Matthew has a driving licence and tools however I shouldn`t be guessing, over to you Matthew.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Matthew89

Matthew89 New Member

Thanks for the advice everyone

• Like Like x 2
  9. Chalked

Chalked Plumber GSR

Problem is.

Your on level 2. Why don’t the college tell you to look for a mod on level one!

10. Matthew89

Matthew89 New Member

Mod on level 1?