Search the forum,

Discuss How is a plumbing job so hard to find in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a level 2 plumbing diploma and looking to complete my Nvq. I’m struggling to find work anywhere. I’ve contacted around 80 companies/ self employed. How is it so hard to start off in plumbing

Matthew welcome.

Top and bottom is that poor guys like you are sold a pup. The training organisations all need to land bums on seats so will tell you anything. The reality is that there is great oversupply of not so experienced plumbers in the plumbing world and this means most folk like your selves find it very difficult. Do not think you are alone by any means as only 15% ish of those entering training end up in the trade.

IMHO, the secret is to demonstrate to potential colleagues what you can do for them and NOT what you want from them. Few people have the time or inclination to be magnanimous so they'll need to feel you can earn for them more than you take from them.

Keep going.

Reply to How is a plumbing job so hard to find in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock