Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss How do you hang a radiator ? in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. Rob Foster

Rob Foster Top Contributor!!

CB1CEEF9-F820-4C6C-920B-D61F5EDA2C27.jpeg When the floor and building are lala,
    1. trust the spirit level
    2. eye it in
    see the results of 1. looks goofy
    shelf is level floor is lala
    centralheatking

2. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

You’ve lost me mate? What does Lala mean?

3. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Unlevel / looking different to the rad level

4. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Ohhhh. I would let the customer make the decision.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Best

Best Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

I would hang the new rad on dead level and put a couple bar stools in front of it to hide it. ;)

Actually Harvest has sensible idea, - pass the final decision onto the customer.

It could be worse - the shelf could be also off the level in opposite direction to floor!
    The eye will always be convinced that the plumber is an idiot and rad is miles off level, as builders don’t put shelves and floors in off the level. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Pickwickpick

Pickwickpick Plumber Top Contributor!!

In those situations I normally do it by eye, no point it being perfectly level if it looks bad because everything else is on the ****s, but I do explain my process to the customer at the start and get them to ok it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. bogrodder

bogrodder Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Always level, I couldn’t sleep at night knowing I installed something on the [email protected]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Craig Watson

Craig Watson Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

I do mine level, the fittings, shelves, sills etc that surround the radiator can always change so I do mine level to future proof them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

I always set mine off level a smidge towards the air bleed

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rob876

Rob876 Member

Leave the radiator where it is a re-level the building.

• Funny Funny x 6
  11. WC1

WC1 Active Member

Sometimes the room is so completely off whack putting it dead level without reference to the rest of the room will spoil the appearance of the whole room. Granted other elements can be more easily straightened out but until they are it'll look wrong. and if it's opposite the door it just won't do.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Rob Foster

Look u lot there is no definative
    answer ...all I did see was a puzzle ...which we all might come accross from time to time
    and our collective wisdom might guide us further
    Regards Rob Foster aka centralheatking

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Rob Foster

I have always considered you can get away with anything out of level in a hallway ...or a kitchen or a staircase but never in a bog because they have all day to look
    regards Rob Foster chking

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Michael1960

Michael1960 Plumber

I had this pig of a customer called me back to re hang the rad I installed "except level this time". I walked in with my level and put it on the rad which was dead straight then put it on hes window ledge which wasnt and smirked at him. Trouble is with a long rad if you follow the window the floor will show it up.