Search the forum,

Discuss How do you arrange the stuff in your van? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subby

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
It would be good to find out how you all keep your van organised.

My Renault Traffic is a complete nightmare. I have 3 steel shelves on each side in the back of my van.
I keep my fittings etc sorted into different hesien bags which are stuffed onto the shelves.
I have a big toolbox on wheels for most of my hand tools etc and an open tote that I keep the tools i'm taking into the job. I keep my screws washers etc in a screwbox with compartments, I have a plastic crate for all my fuxes, silicone, freeze sprays, cutting oil etc and I have a shelf for offcuts of pipe and a shelf for small toolboxes (socket set, bits, holesaws etc)
My drills and toolboxes, foldup ladders wetvac and all scrap are all kept on the floor of my van. Lengths of pipe are also kept in the back poking through the bulkhead, hosepipe and leads are hanging off the pipe.

I am getting a new van like this tomorrow, want to know a better way of sorting my kit out. Do I get shelving? what type? what do you lot do?
nissan.jpgThanks, Subby.

pay for proper fitted shelving is best and most secure

phone pics 119.jpgphone pics 118.jpgphone pics 120.jpgand a tailgate is essential to keep dry imho.

Last edited by a moderator:
ive always buit my own racking to suit the various size boxes and old header tanks i use as storage DSCF4192.jpgDSCF4187.jpgiand a mixture of lin bins and DSCF4187.jpgpullouts ive collected b over the years

Organised is not a word that often describes my van! Really need to give it a good going through tomorrow. May take a pic if it looks respectable at the end! But have shelving down drivers side, and a set aof drawers for boiler spares. Floor for materials, tool box, hoover, etc. Pipe goes on top of shelving and over cab. Hoses on top of cab also.

Mickie, what is that you have in the lower left hand corner? Never seen anything like that.

Dedicate one hour each week to re load everything in, it's my system and it works for me :drool5:

almost as ocd as me:) needs a tail gate tho

Yup, I like order in my van. My last little Combo drove me nuts.

After reading this thread, I went put my boots on, went out and sorted my van out from working yesterday. Re-stocked and tidied.

I was seriously impressed by yours. That racking looks great, but expensive!

Yup, I like order in my van. My last little Combo drove me nuts.

After reading this thread, I went put my boots on, went out and sorted my van out from working yesterday. Re-stocked and tidied.

I was seriously impressed by yours. That racking looks great, but expensive!

Had to go to wales for it, came racked out, had to take most of it out to put the bulkhead panel in tho!!

That racking would have cost you a good few quid if you'd bought it seperate.

I buy from auction normally and the racking on the ex bt vans is always very well thought out.

haha no strobe lights under the van but the amount of light i have is needed so i can see whats in the racking and behind in the draws.. those LED strips are proper easy to wire into the interior light and cost only 5 quid off ebay..

542346_10151206125666286_1645864951_n.jpg

Last edited:
aye carpet, i do a lot of miles so wanted to try and sound proof it a bit, my right ear is shot from the constant noise in the van, probably be deaf in another 10 year..

vee like german food, good vegs, as good as tesco and i live 100yds fm a lidl, no brainer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How do you arrange the stuff in your van? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock