Search the forum,

Discuss How do I fill vaillant ecotec pro 28 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

robboplumber

Hi

My boiler (vaillant ecotec pro 28) is giving f22 message. The manual (and this forum) tells me that it needs to be refilled but I'm struggling to see how to do it. The boiler is up in the loft and there is a flexible piece of tubing next to the boiler but it's not obvious to me how to connect it (if I'm supposed to do that) and what to do.

I've read a few of these posts but none of them seems to quite fit the setup I've got. I moved into the house a few months ago so it's the first time this has been necessary.

I'm just going to take some pictures and add them. If anyone can help me it would be greatly apprecieated. Thank you.

Braided silver hose has been disconnected ( as it should be). No tools required to re connect and refill as said by Phoenix.

Hi both (PhoenixServices and kozak1968).

I managed to do this in the end using the filling loop that had been left with the boiler. The thing that was throwing me was that there was only a single black valve to connect the filling loop to. This was where the mains water comes from. For some reason, where the other end of the filling loop connects to (where the water goes in to the system from the mains) does not have a black valve.

There is an arrow pointing inward on this valve so I am assuming that it is some sort of one way valve as it lets the water in but doesn't let it pour back out when I take off the filling loop. This seems unusual from what I've seen from general comments on this and other sites.

Hopefully that's ok but if you think it should be changed to a valve that operates from a black handle then I'll get a heating engineer to change it.

Thanks so much again for coming back to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How do I fill vaillant ecotec pro 28 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock