Search the forum,

Discuss How close can fittings go to a bend. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've recently bought a decent (Monument) pipe bender which distorts/ovals the pipe only very slightly but enough to make me wary of putting push fit particularly, but also compression fittings, too close to the bend.
So far I've managed to leave a good 6" between bend or "hook mark" (at the fixed end) but wonder if you guys know any definitive rules?

Thanks.

I've recently bought a decent (Monument) pipe bender which distorts/ovals the pipe only very slightly but enough to make me wary of putting push fit particularly, but also compression fittings, too close to the bend.
So far I've managed to leave a good 6" between bend or "hook mark" (at the fixed end) but wonder if you guys know any definitive rules?

Thanks.

If there's a need - close as possible, you are the Boss.

I've had hardly any visible ovality or rippling beyond the bend and no leaks so far. (I used a soldered elbow when close) I'm just ultra careful and wondered if there would be a small amount which would be enough to be more than a fitting would take.

if you have bought a bender and are using pushfits, i would just sell the bender and use elbows!!!

or did i miss something?

if its to close then wouldn't you just be using an elbow instead of a pulled bend?.:ihih:

Normally when you pull a bend there's a ridge at the end of the "stretched" bit, cut a fittings length back from there and your safe.

if you have bought a bender and are using pushfits, i would just sell the bender and use elbows!!!

or did i miss something?

You didn't miss something. I forgot to include it.

I am connecting to supply pipes which have been cut and trickle slightly so I put speedfit valves on. I have now connected to the speedfit valves to continue in copper. The 90 deg. change of direction I needed to route the pipe prompted my question.
In the end I used a solder elbow on that 90 deg bend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How close can fittings go to a bend. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock