Search the forum,

Discuss How close can a boiler flue be to a window? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
So to answer the guys initial answer, if other clearances are met he may be able to be 150mm away from the window and fit a pluming kit.

looking through the IUP they state the following as the chain of command for info compliance

H&S at work act
GSI&UR
Building standards or regs
specific MI
relevant BS docs
other industry codes of practice etc

MI instructions over ride everything else.

Nope.
Just as previously written they don't overide H&S, GSI and building regs
I think you are wrong.. I have always been told MI over ride everything else and this is what we trained out at BG

I think you are wrong.. I have always been told MI over ride everything else and this is what we trained out at BG[/QUO

have a read at your IUP, i have listed the info as it is listed there, and remember the building regs will reference the MI but one that springs to mind is flues next to a boundary of a semi detached borderline, if you quote MI the flue needs to be 300mm from an opening, so you fit the flue on your side of the fence (obviously) and measure and confirm it is 400mm from next doors openable window so you have complied with the MI next door complain to you about the "white smoke" entering their prop, you tell them its nothing to worry about as anything over 300mm is safe, they say "aye right i'm away to the cooncil" who do you think the building control will agree with? (i know they will agree with the neighbour and can issue a non-conformity order making you move the flue, so who's the daddy? the MI or the local building regs?

have a read at your IUP, i have listed the info as it is listed there, and remember the building regs will reference the MI but one that springs to mind is flues next to a boundary of a semi detached borderline, if you quote MI the flue needs to be 300mm from an opening, so you fit the flue on your side of the fence (obviously) and measure and confirm it is 400mm from next doors openable window so you have complied with the MI next door complain to you about the "white smoke" entering their prop, you tell them its nothing to worry about as anything over 300mm is safe, they say "aye right i'm away to the cooncil" who do you think the building control will agree with? (i know they will agree with the neighbour and can issue a non-conformity order making you move the flue, so who's the daddy? the MI or the local building regs?

MIs will also add that all important get-out clause that plume must not cause a nuisance; therefore if plume is causing a nuisance even though you have adhered to MI's clearances, you have still contravened MIs.

I think you are wrong.. I have always been told MI over ride everything else and this is what we trained out at BG[/QUO

white smoke ok, he's celebrating the appointment of a new pope.

Thers some vain people on here.

Think you mean there are some very knowledgeable members who are willing to spend their time explaining to others the correct way to interpret regulations and correct industry procedures

The items brought up here are important and should be understood correctly by those in the trade

Please keep on topic and away from cheap, unsubstantiated remakes

Thank you

M.I are right, as they say, follow their dimensions but only as long as it does not cause nuisance, so MI were right.
When we go and fit a boiler we follow the M.I as this is what we are given to do the job. These are written so that they include all relevant regs we need. Some B Regs we need to know like sleeving gas etc, but it does not override M.I as they dont explain how to get gas there only what is required.

i read two pages of this before i realized id read it before please stop resurecting old posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How close can a boiler flue be to a window? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock