Search the forum,

Discuss Hot water turning off in summer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Halstead Ace High combi boiler has been intermittent with the hot water. There's no hot water tank so I have to turn the hot tap on high to get the flow going before the boiler kicks in. Then after a few minutes the boiler shuts off and eventually comes back on, then off again, etc all while the tap is still running. Recently this issue has gone away but I believe this is because the weather is colder so the water going in to the boiler is colder. Still, I'll need to fix it before spring--any thoughts as to the fault?

Best answer is to get a gas safe engy out to check it over and to fault find

It turned out I just needed to replace the boiler. Just cost a few pennies Mind you, being new to this, I managed to spray the inside of the boiler with water when removing the old thing:( I dried off the circuits before turning on and all seems good :).

Closed as op isn't gas safe registered and tinkering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hot water turning off in summer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a 2 pump hot water tank (Flomax 180L fitted in '94) in airing cupboard system with an Ideal classic boiler (downstairs next to an external wall) which for the most part seems to provide excellent hot water. The central heating also works fine - though sometimes I think the radiuators...
Replies
Views
  • Solved
Hi, I am looking for a bit of advice. Our Gledhill hot water tank was installed incorrectly 18 months ago and has been sending bubbling hot water to our plastic header tank in the loft every time we turned the heating on. We first noticed an issue with a leak in our bedroom ceiling which we...
Replies
Views
I have a Combi boiler and, a few minutes ago I turned on the hot tap in the kitchen and the water was far from hot. In fact, it was decidedly lukewarm. I checked the boiler and the tap icon was lit up, showing it was delivering hot water to the taps and I could hear the boiler running and the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the outputs goes to a 2 port diverter prior to the Megaflo (I believe this is some safety feature). I have run into an intermittent problem where some...
Replies
Views
Hi, We moved into a new property yesterday and are a little baffled by the heating/water tank situation. The previous owners unhelpfully left any kind of instructions/manual and therefore trying to figure out ourselves. We have what looks like a boiler/water tank system (coming from a standard...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock