Search the forum,

Discuss Hot water temperature dial - on Boiler - fixable? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vaillant ecoTECH Plus 837.

Hot water (taps) temperature dial on boiler - rotates - but does not change the temp on the boiler - it's as if its no longer connected to the rotary switch itself.

I think the plastic shaft is broken/snapped.

Either way - is such a mechanical problem easily fixable?

My thanks to any - willing to advise.

Vaillant ecoTECH Plus 837.

Hot water (taps) temperature dial on boiler - rotates - but does not change the temp on the boiler - it's as if its no longer connected to the rotary switch itself.

I think the plastic shaft is broken/snapped.

Either way - is such a mechanical problem easily fixable?

My thanks to any - willing to advise.

Yes it can be fixed but you really should use a Gas safe Engineer to do it. You need to remove the case of the appliance to gain access. That job cannot be done from outside the case.

Will definitely be using a gas safe engineer - but how big is the job?

Would it be fair to ask if the part can be replaced during a normal service?

Is it as simply as clicking a new replacement into place - or is it very involved?

i would say so plus parts of-course tho

Should be round the 25 mark

Shaun's right. They're a stock item, not very expensive and during service easy peasy.

As a job on its own, you'll pay call out or min charge !

Up to you how desperate it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hot water temperature dial - on Boiler - fixable? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock