Search the forum,

Discuss Hot water solar losing pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

alexmiles

Losing presure from 1.5 bar to zero in a few days. Cannot see any leaks but the pressure release valve in on the roof 50 feet up so I will scaffolders in. The expansion vessel is set to 1.5 bar and this appears to be ok.

Can anyone advise why this might be the case ?

Many thanks

Can you see any stains on tiles from the ground or neighbours property?

If you have a feel around all the joints, be very careful the pipes can get very hot . A leak can show as a sticky mess around a joint. Also you can leave a newspaper or rags under all the joints for a couple of days and you may see stains indicating the leak.

Good look finding the leak.

Had to get someone in to fill it up with anti-freeze. The filler was very inexpensive to I we got someone in. They reported no leaks. I was of thought as it loses around 2 litres in a few days I was expect to see any leaks. Can only assume its blowing out at the pressure release valve on the roof. (can't see any sign of leasks with binos). As the exppansion vessel appears to be working OK why would it blow out ?

sorry dont know if this will help ,today went to a job where the shredded valve did leak like 1mbar for 1 min , could it be this !!!

The PRV shouldn't be on the roof,it should be inside somewhere,I make sure they discharge into an empty fluid container. There may be an AAV on the roof which could be leaking.. I would have filled it with water to check for leaks before putting the fluid in personally.

Thanks for everyones input. I will have to erect scaffold to investigate furthur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hot water solar losing pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock