Search the forum,

Discuss Hot water in shower not working but taps in sink fine in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all
I have an issue with the hot water in my shower that you can hopefully help me with.
Back story
I recently drained my system in attempt to clear what I thought was sludge in the radiators ( another story ) after I filled the system back up I can’t get constant hot water in the shower , it’s Luke warm but not boiling . Before I could only turn it up three quarters before it got too hot .
On random occasions it will get very hot but not for long .
Taps in the sink ten feet away are piping hot the water in the bath taps get hot but only if you don’t turn the tap on too much .
The shower worked fine before the system was drained but now it’s gubbed
Any advice would be greatly appreciated
It’s a Wooster boiler about 5 years old
Cheers
Richy

Have you tried removing the shower if it's a bar type and having someone hold a bucket in front to check your getting hot water and it's definitely the shower ?

Have you tried removing the shower if it's a bar type and having someone hold a bucket in front to check your getting hot water and it's definitely the shower ?
The shower is getting hot water as it goes very hot on occasions ,
I feel it’s got something to do with the water pressure in the boiler possibly not enough to trip the boiler properly
It worked fine until the system was drained

Won't be the pressure but it could be the flow

With the shower running open a hot tap in the basin does the shower get warm ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hot water in shower not working but taps in sink fine in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock