Search the forum,

Discuss Hot water heater for ground floor extention? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

A

Aire

Hi guys, looking at a ground floor extention for the customers elderly mother. She's going to have her own bathroom and kitchen and I need a hot water source for this.

Existing house is a gravity fed system which already has an aqualisa visage pumped shower installed and the mother wants one herself. Problem is for me to give her this, I would have to upgrade the cylinder size to cope with the extra hot water usage and the stored water in the loft. Customer isn't to keen on this idea.

Ive thought of possibly using a gas water heater like the main multipoint to feed the extention only and baxi say the heater should work with a thermostic shower. Only issue is finding one as baxi no longer make them.

Ive tried vokera but there unsure if their water heater will work with the shower I'm intending on fitting.

I don't want to fit a combi because A) cost and B) the extention only has 4 rads and would be massively oversized for its use.

Any other ideas apart from an electric shower as she doesn't want an ugly box on the wall.

You can use a intergas combi as a water heater

Or a small unvented etc

I cannot believe I’m saying this but... I believe that Worcester do a 9kw boiler and you could use a small cylinder if you have space.

Doesn't seem I can find a main water heater anywhere and customer is also concerned about future availability of parts even if we did find one.

Space in the extention is tight so room for a cylinder is limited.

We are looking now at the option of replacing the current boiler for a combi, using the combi the feed the hot water for the extention and keeping the gravity system as it is to run the main house on.

Flow rate is good but not good enough to run 2 showers off and still maintain "decent" flow to both if both was ran at the same time.

I think they still make the vokera one, aquanox , or something like that
Yeah they do but speaking with their technical they was unsure if it would work on a thermostatic shower mixer. Had it before where I installed an aqualisa digital shower to a water heater (can't remember which one) and because the heater wouldn't modulate, it kept cutting off on it's overheat. I don't want to get everything installer and find it won't work.

Yeah they do but speaking with their technical they was unsure if it would work on a thermostatic shower mixer. Had it before where I installed an aqualisa digital shower to a water heater (can't remember which one) and because the heater wouldn't modulate, it kept cutting off on it's overheat. I don't want to get everything installer and find it won't work.

Yep see the problem, if their tec cant help its a tricky one.

Reply to Hot water heater for ground floor extention? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock