Search the forum,

Discuss Hot water everywhere but kitchen tap. Unvented. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Been asked to look at a job this evening.

Resident has hot water everywhere but not at the kitchen tap.

Unvented cylinder. Someone has been and said possibly needs new pressure reducing valve but not confident.

I'm thinking possibly a dodgy mixer. Will see if I can isolate cold to the tap and see what happens. What else would you be thinking before you go based on this info.
Thanks

Patently it cannot be the cylinder as all would be affected.
What type of tap Ash? Have you checked the flow straightener at the spout end? Is it aerated and the aerator blocked?

Thanks, yes I agree sounds like a tap issue. It's a mixer from what I have been told. I'll be there to have a look soon and will update. Taking a mixer with me on the off chance.

Just starting to seize. Not opening fully. Drain off under the sink, i opened it and ran it in to a tub hot water was fine. New reviver and sorted.

Nice easy one for a change.

Great when you get an easy fix!
The lower O ring inside those works wears and water gets inside and prevents the works screwing together and raising the washer. That is why you will find it is nearly always the hot side that gives trouble due to the hot water causing O ring to wear.

Reply to Hot water everywhere but kitchen tap. Unvented. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock