Search the forum,

Discuss Can anyone give me an advise ...... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Old Account

Hi lads,

I hope you are all doing well.

I am facing quite often the same questions and do not know how to deal with them via an email or phone conversation.

Here it goes: boiler installation - like for like - we've had other quotes and labour costs seem very similar, but I don't understand why?? It's a day's work so I just don't get it. I'm happy to labour for you if it will keep costs down.

Anyone facing those kind of customers if so what you guys tell them or explain them why the labour cost for a boiler is about 1k ?

He also wants the cheapest possible boiler on the market as he just lives there for another 2 years.

Could anyone tell me how to answers those kinda messages .
?

I’d Much appreciate it

Regards

Ron

I never split the costs, just give them a inclusive price, you do get the I can get the boiler cheaper elsewhere, so that means your are charging X labour to fit it, why ? well I have overheads, and I will come back if you have any problems, so things like that have to be factored, in, if you want to buy the goods any call backs will be charged for, any problems with the boiler you will have to go back to the people you got it from. people forget about the extra time we have to spend on there behalf B4 we even start to install anything .

my price is my price no exceptions or discounts , if you want to help price just doubled

Very rarely can a customer help you with labour anyhow. (Although there are the rare customers who are very sensible and good with their hands, like those from other trades, so can help.)
But you don't really want the risk of the customer injuring themselves while helping carry a radiator or using some of your tools, for example.
Just allow a willing customer to have the work area clear for you, etc, to make your job easier before you arrive to start and I see no reason for suggesting a slight discount on your price.
If the customer genuinely saves you some time, or grief, I think they deserve a thanks small discount.
Maybe add a little to each quote and immediately at pricing stage offer money off if somebody can have the furniture, carpet removed, or whatever?

Thanks to all for your advise.

Most of the time i do not adjust my price at all but was thinking what tell the customer when he asked directly why the price of a day’s work is about 1k.

I definitely don’t go down with the price but wanted to know if someone would answer him those questions or just ignore it.

Thanks a lot for all your comments on here
Is much appreciate it.

Is it a days work?
Is the £1000 all labour or is the customer just looking at boiler price and not allowing for flue, controls, filter etc etc

Is it a days work?
Is the £1000 all labour or is the customer just looking at boiler price and not allowing for flue, controls, filter etc etc
It’s labour Works only and he has got many quotes and all have sent him very similar if not the same labour price. However, just wanted to get an idea of how you guys deal with that

Either say that's the price take it or leave it
Or try and explain that it's a business, you have many overheads to cover - van, lockup, office, admin, accountant, insurance, gas safe, tools, consumables, pension contributions, training etc etc etc to pay for. He isn't just paying someone £200 for someone to turn up on a bike and do a days labour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can anyone give me an advise ...... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock