Search the forum,

Discuss Hot water call every minute in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

When a hot water tap is switched on in any part of my house the pipes near the cylinder or the cylinder make a noise. This is completely normal. Recently I have noticed especially at night that this noise is happening every minute for a few seconds and no hot water is beingcalled . Any ideas ???

When a hot water tap is switched on in any part of my house the pipes near the cylinder or the cylinder make a noise. This is completely normal. Recently I have noticed especially at night that this noise is happening every minute for a few seconds and no hot water is beingcalled . Any ideas ???
Is this when everything is hot, cold heating on or off ? Is it a system set up,or is it a conventional,set up,with roof tanks ?

If you have a traditional type system with a hot water cylinder and a cold water storage tank in a loft area to supply it ? then often it can be noisey when water is used the ball valve falls to allow the storage tank to fill as hot water is used it maybe this you can hear. Kop

Reply to Hot water call every minute in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I recently had an eco tec plus 836 combi installed as part of an oil to gas conversion. One thing I can’t work out is why the bathroom sink hot water flow is 12-13L per minute with at 44c and even hotter. However the nearby bath freestanding tap is 8-9L per minute at this temp. Both taps...
Replies
Views
I recently installed new hot and cold feeds to a new downstairs cloakroom. After refilling the system the hot taps were all dribbling, spluttering and showing signs of an air lock. I attached cold mains to a hot tap and left it running for 15 minutes, while opening up each hot tap. They all...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Milky hot water. Recently had a Viessmann 100-W combi boiler installed. Now when the hot water reaches any tap it is very 'milky'. This appears to be micro bubbles and clears, upwards, in a few seconds leaving no residue. Though this is a hard water area in 45 years have never had this cloudy...
Replies
Views
Hello, I've just found this forum and wondering if anyone can please help us. We've not long moved into our new home. It's has Johnson and Starley warm air heating and hot water tank in airing cupboard. All has been working fine until yesterday. We had the water softener serviced and since then...
Replies
Views
Hi all Hope you can help We have a Gloworm Ultracom 38CXI combi boiler. During the Summer the taps and mixer shower run hot water consistently hot for as long as need be, but now during the Winter when the radiators are on the taps and mixer shower will run hot for only a few minutes and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock