Search the forum,

Discuss Hot bag? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCplumb

Esteemed
Plumber
I've been on the look out for a hot bag (for carrying gas, blowtorch etc.) for a coupel of weeks and not found anything suitable.
What do you guys use?
I saw a cracking looking Stanley bag, about 12'' hard based bag a couple of days ago in B & Poo but the bar code was missing and the assistant was about as much use as Anne Frank's drumkit...

Have a look in a camping shop...get some good bags and packs ,with handy compartments for often a good price

Bucket, 4 x empty 1.5 litre pop bottles and some expanding foam and there you have a custom gas bottle carrier.

Stanley FatMax Tool Tote Bag 20" | Tool Totes | NoLinkingToThis

that's a good one, compartments on side to hold flux brusher, enough space in the bottom for flux solder , pipe bender slides and , I used this at one end to secure the blowlap tip.a blowlamp. and there are t Velcro straps at each end , I used one of these to secure the blowlap tip, im sure you can pick them up for half of that price!

Just flicking through some old threads.

I like the look of the Raaco tray. How did the Bg chap have it set out?

I keep my gas bottle in one stand fire extinguisher in the other pipe slices and flux brush in the pull out draw then flux solder paste wire wool in the open tote bit.

Ive got propane In one slot, map in the other,

In the open tote
Pipe slices,stanley knife, solder, heat mat, flux, cleaning pads, bottle stand, inspection mirror (to check back of joints) tape, pencil, flux brush

And in the draw,
Couple of spare fittings, couple of clips, screws and plugs,
Small level, flat and Philips screwdriver, red & blue tape, spare cleaning cloth, pencil sharpener, spare pencil & pen, rad bleed key

I use an old F & E tank with some 22mm tube running through the top for a handle.

Thanks for the replies guys, I've always used a small bucket up to now, but fancied upgrading and looking for ideas.

I just get it out the van when I need it and put it in my tray with flux and solder... Hot bags, whatever next pipe slice holster.

I just get it out the van when I need it and put it in my tray with flux and solder... Hot bags, whatever next pipe slice holster.

What like this one? image.jpg

It used to be if you spent £100 on fittings with Ray you got a free bag I've got 2 there pretty robust for a freebie. Don't know if the offer still exists

I like the idea of that but the metal box worries me. If I caught a bit of unprotected work top or a door frame with it I imagine the corner might gouge a noticeable chunk from them

I picked an plastic orange twin tray type thing from B&Q for a fiver which is worth a go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hot bag? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock