Search the forum,

Discuss Hot and cold pipework running? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all. This is mainly preference I know but when running hot and cold pipes from kitchen sink to a bathroom in the next room (ground floor) would you go straight up in to the ceiling and go across. Reason I ask, I'm on a council contract at the mo and next job is complete first fix from mains in kitchen. It's bang in the middle of kitchen sink wall and I don't know whether to go low level to the corner then go into the ceiling or straight up and go service high level to the bathroom next room. ??? Daft post I know.

What would you be happy with in your house? If it's not being boxed in or concealed I'd take them to the corner then rise to ceiling there.

What would you be happy with in your house? If it's not being boxed in or concealed I'd take them to the corner then rise to ceiling there.
I would rather take them to the corner so that they are as discreet as possible. It seems in this trade a lot of people know best lol.

Why do you need to go into the ceiling at all if bathroom is next room? Or am I reading it wrong?

Thats what I thought. Low level behind cupboards, through wall and into bathroom. Bit difficult without seeing it. Just trying to picture it :)

It's because the mains rises in the middle of the longest wall where the sink will place. But between the sink and the wall that separates the kitchen and bathroom, is the back door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hot and cold pipework running? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock