Search the forum,

Discuss Horizontal unvented - secondary return in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Scott_D

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Is it true that a horizontal unvented must have a secondary return pump fitted for destratification?
@chris watkins

Is it true that a horizontal unvented must have a secondary return pump fitted for destratification?
@chris watkins
I don't think they have to but it probably helps to achieve more usable hot water.
You don't actually need a HW return system it might be more suitable to just fit a small circulator between the hot outlet from the cylinder & the cold feed with a suitable check valve. This could be powered from a call for domestic hot water (if it is an indirect) i.e. brown on zone valve, in that way it would be de-stratified only when it is being heated, should lead to a greater volume of usable hot water.

Yes it’s best to or oversize as you loose around 40% cap

Reply to Horizontal unvented - secondary return in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock