Search the forum,

Discuss Honeywell Lyric T6 Installation Help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I bought a Lyric T6 to replace my old Potterton EP1 programmer. I've done some research into how it should be wired up however, I'm not 100% sure I've got my wiring diagram correct. As it stands with the current Potterton Programmer we have a constant live feed for the hot water (tap turned on boiler fires) and a timed control for the central heating. I know the saying goes "if in doubt call a professional" but if it's as simple as swapping over the units, ideal! Providing my wiring diagram is correct.

Is anybody able to have a look and offer some advice?

We have a Grant Vortex Pro External Combi 26e boiler with a Potterton EP1 Programmer.

Potterton EP1
img_20171202_120510-jpg.32439

My wiring diagram
lyric-jpg.32440

Lyric Relay Box
img_20171227_171715_01-jpg.32441

Thanks
Doug

IMG_20171202_120510.jpg

Lyric.jpg

IMG_20171227_171715_01.jpg

Last edited:
Looks about right

4 is your switched lived

There is normally a thermostat between boiler terminal 4 and EP1 terminal 4. You don't show one. Where do you intend locating the Relay box?

Your wiring for the Lyric is basically correct; but I'm not sure about the main feed (on the right), which appears to show Live and Neutral both connected to the N terminal. It won't work like that! ;)

Combi boilers are normally not timed for the hot water as it only runs on demand, and is controlled by a flow switch in the boiler.

There is normally a thermostat between boiler terminal 4 and EP1 terminal 4. You don't show one. Where do you intend locating the Relay box?

Your wiring for the Lyric is basically correct; but I'm not sure about the main feed (on the right), which appears to show Live and Neutral both connected to the N terminal. It won't work like that! ;)

Combi boilers are normally not timed for the hot water as it only runs on demand, and is controlled by a flow switch in the boiler.

When I called Grant they said the boiler I have is a condensing boiler and uses a dial on the boiler to adjust the temp from 85c to 65c to keep at optimal condensing temp. the relay box will go where the older EP1 is.

Opps, That's a formatting problem when I saved it as an image and only noticed it when you said. Live connects to L and Neutral connects to N.
Thanks for the reply

Last edited:
When I called Grant they said the boiler I have is a condensing boiler and uses a dial on the boiler to adjust the temp from 85c to 65c to keep at optimal condensing temp. the relay box will go where the older EP1 is.
I wasn't talking about the boiler thermostat, which controls the temperature of the water circulating through the radiators, but about a wall mounted thermostat, which controls the room temperature. Am I correct in thinking that you don't have one, which is why you have decided to install the Lyric?

Installing the Lyric relay in the same place as the EP1 is sensible, but you need to check that you have good wireless communication between the Lyric controller and the relay.

The person you spoke to from Grant is only partially correct when saying the boiler thermostat controls the optimum condensing temperature. Condensing only starts to happen if the return temperature (water entering the boiler) is below 55C, and increases as the return temperature reduces.

I wasn't talking about the boiler thermostat, which controls the temperature of the water circulating through the radiators, but about a wall mounted thermostat, which controls the room temperature. Am I correct in thinking that you don't have one, which is why you have decided to install the Lyric?

Installing the Lyric relay in the same place as the EP1 is sensible, but you need to check that you have good wireless communication between the Lyric controller and the relay.

The person you spoke to from Grant is only partially correct when saying the boiler thermostat controls the optimum condensing temperature. Condensing only starts to happen if the return temperature (water entering the boiler) is below 55C, and increases as the return temperature reduces.

Thanks. I went for the wired version. No we don't have a thermostat only the EP1 I'm in the process of running the cable that connects the lyric wall unit back to where the relay box will go.

thanks for coming back and updating us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Honeywell Lyric T6 Installation Help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I am trying to link a Hive heating & hot water dual channel receiver to an old Vaillant THERMOcompact VU GB 242/1 E system boiler. It has an internal programmer that is similar to a time switch 120 (plug in seven day programmer) This programmer is connect to a terminal strip using 345 (three...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a Honeywell ST699 programmer which is working fine but I want to learn how to decommission it (disconnect it from the rest of the system). Currently I have a Honeywell Home Single Zone Thermostat (Y87RF2024) and I am thinking to get the Honeywell Home Mobile Access Kit RFG100 to get...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm brand new to plumbing, heating systems, wiring etc and only started to read about it because I wanted to know why our CH would only work when HW was also on. I think we have a Y system based on the Honeywell 3 position diverter valve above the boiler. We have a Potterton EP2002...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My customer has a Honeywell Home ST9500C two-zone programmer. One of these: Honeywell ST9500C 7 Day Two Zone Programmer | Programmers & Time Switches -...
Replies
Views
Hi, I live in a really remote part of the Highlands, so paying for a plumber (or electrician?) to do this will be brutally expensive, so I need to do it myself. I have a Grant Combi 26e boiler. I'm replacing the old thermostat with a new one. Although the boiler is a combi, I think the old...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock