Search the forum,

Discuss Honeywell ABV setting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

There for limiting water flow eg cold and hot

Won’t be any good on heating and will short circuit as always open

Yes but the "wondervalve" above claims that it will (or might) maintain a fixed flow with a varying pump head as will occur with PP operation. The setter valve is recommended for a pump on a CP (constant pressure) setting but the flow would vary in pump PP mode?.

Grundfos's note (attached) on their newish Alpha2 pumps and ABVs in CP and PP modes is worth a look. The parting comment there (for PP mode) is that "If an automatic bypass valve must be used, then a manual fixed bypass valve should be installed in series with the automatic bypass valve. The fixed manual bypass will restrict the flow as the automatic bypass valve opens."

Attachments

• Grundfos Alpha2 and ABVs.pdf
    167.4 KB · Views: 57
Grundfos's note (attached) on their newish Alpha2 pumps and ABVs in CP and PP modes is worth a look. The parting comment there (for PP mode) is that "If an automatic bypass valve must be used, then a manual fixed bypass valve should be installed in series with the automatic bypass valve. The fixed manual bypass will restrict the flow as the automatic bypass valve opens."

I don't see any advantage in having a ABV+fixed bypass over a fixed bypass alone. See my post #10.
The wondervalve may improve this again, it will be interesting when/if they reply to your email.

Agreed - I found their argument a bit strange. It appears that the only circumstance where a differential pressure driven ABV would be effective is where the pump has a monotonically decreasing head from zero flow onwards. And none of Grundfos's domestic pumps have this as far as I know.

Reply to Honeywell ABV setting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock