Search the forum,

Discuss Homeowner who had plumber sign of gas work investigated in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Worcester

Esteemed
Plumber
i can tell you the results now they wont do toffee (could use far worse)

Hello All,

I was at Home on the day that this was broadcast and I watched the program - it was quite recently - within the last couple of weeks.

I was annoyed and amazed by the fact that this Builder was obviously very experienced in refurbishing properties so he should have known that what he described was `Illegal` - but obviously NOT as he would have been an Idiot to have admitted it on a TV program !

I would find it very hard to believe that any `Experienced Builder` would be oblivious to the Gas Safety Regulations with regard to getting a Registered Gas Engineer to `Sign Off` a Gas Boiler / Gas Installation that was installed by Him / someone who was NOT Gas Safe registered !

And of course there is the involvement of the `Registered Gas Engineer / Gas Installer` who obviously has NO qualms about `Signing Off` a non qualified / non registered persons `Gas Work` !

In agreement with what Member Shaun wrote - I bet that there will be no prosecution of the Builder and no significant sanction on the registered Gas Installer.

Gas Safe has probably already just advised the BBC to make sure that this type of statement is never broadcast again.

I will try to remember to look for news of this in the future - as it has received some publicity / `outrage` from within the Gas / Heating Industry there may be a possibility that Gas Safe / the HSE will `make an example` of them ?

If so it will be to try and satisfy those within Gas Safe / in the Gas Industry who are often quoted as decrying Gas Safe / the HSE for not being more proactive in prosecuting non registered Gas installers.

Chris

You guy's should make a stance over this.

You should push the Regulating Authority to make an example of this case and have the people involved prosecuted.

We had a similar situation over here a few years ago.
Our regulating authority had hundreds of calls and emails on Monday morning, after the show was aired on Sunday night.

I think the regulators were forced to make a stance on that one - a National TV show

All they will get is a letter asking if they have considered joining GS.

You guy's should make a stance over this.

You should push the Regulating Authority to make an example of this case and have the people involved prosecuted.

We had a similar situation over here a few years ago.
Our regulating authority had hundreds of calls and emails on Monday morning, after the show was aired on Sunday night.

I think the regulators were forced to make a stance on that one - a National TV show

This is England Oz , Nuff said .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Homeowner who had plumber sign of gas work investigated in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock