Search the forum,

Discuss Home heating issue - Upstairs and downstairs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

What if I stuck one of these in the water?

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/evolution-cyclone-magnetic-swarf-collector/742gp

Black iron oxide has a density of 5.17g/cm3, this can hold 500g in total, meaning on average an area of 100cm3 plus a little. If system content is medium it should be ok, if however it’s on the large scale then maybe not. Remember the reservoir will still contain some that isn’t attracted to magnet. When I power flushed we used a chemical to break down any sludge and a silt free chemical to stop sludge re-binding and circulated back through system

Black iron oxide has a density of 5.17g/cm3, this can hold 500g in total, meaning on average an area of 100cm3 plus a little. If system content is medium it should be ok, if however it’s on the large scale then maybe not. Remember the reservoir will still contain some that isn’t attracted to magnet. When I power flushed we used a chemical to break down any sludge and a silt free chemical to stop sludge re-binding and circulated back through system
Great, thanks. This will be the most cost effective method for me....i'll gìve it a go!

I have a similar problem with the same pump. Grundfos suggested the problem was the orientation of the head. The wiring MUST be at 6 o'clock if the pipe work is horizontal - they said. In my case I think I have a blockage between the boiler and the pump as the Pw is only 10w on constant speed 3 or 5w on Autoadapt.
I have not solved my problem yet, but does this orientation point make any sense?
Richard

Reply to Home heating issue - Upstairs and downstairs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock