Search the forum,

Discuss hole saw for acrylic bath in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hoot

hi
i have to drill tap holes in my new bath 32mm hole do i need a special hole saw or can i use a hss one i already own
thanks

The only requirement is that it is sharp.
If going through acrylic I would probably use a 30mm hole saw.
32mm may end up being 35mm

hi
thanks for your quick reply will get a new 30mm when the shops reopen
most helpfull

Measure the diameter of the tap thread then use a hole cutter of the same size or slightly bigger. You can always file the hole out if required. The problem with older baths is the holes are large and you need to centralize the taps. If the holes are a snug fit then they wont move about in the holes. A lot of the new taps don't give a lot of coverage of the hole.

thanks all
for responding to my question will see what hole saw is available in local shop

Yeh my holesaw is 29mm and I've bored many a bath , as long as its bigger than the threads of the tap then the chrome flanges give you plenty of coverage, I'd never go too big as risk water escaping down especially if shower above lol,

As long as the whole cutter is sharp and fit over the tap thread you'll be fine

hi
thanks for replys went to my local shop today all he had was 25mm or 32 mm bought both and tried them in a scrap piece of laminate.
25mm to small and 32 was bigger than the thread on tap but the base of tap and back nut covered the hole so should be ok

drill a pilot hole first with 2-3mm drill the rest will be easy peasy then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to hole saw for acrylic bath in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock