Search the forum,

Discuss Hi all new here looking at air water heat pumps which one is best and cheapest with i in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

the deacon

Hi, have been plumbing heating and drainage for 36 years self employed, i am building some holiday homes for my pension, as the last one vannished without trace,(pension that is )

my options are biomass oil lpg or air water source heat pumps, not geo thermal the pay back takes way too long, any way need advice on which units, why and also any general advice from someone who has been fitting any of this stuff, I know you need new build really to make it worth while.
which is lucky cos that what i am doing. also controls operating the heat pump.

Basically any helpfull info would be great.

Oh once i have my holiday homes making money I intend to hang up my footprints for good.

Regards Steve

Re: Hi all new here looking at air water heat pumps which one is best and cheapest wi

We have been installing the Daikin air to water heat pump for over 3 years. Very good units and as they come as a split unit you have a lot of flexibility on siting the outdoor unit.
Good back up from Daikin as you would expect from such a big company.
Inverter driven so efficiency is very good.
They only sell to approved installers so you would have to go on their training course.
The wiring of them is fairly complicated so you need a good controls man to wire them up.
Units go up to 16Kw. they also do a high temperature heat pump that goes up to 80Deg.
Installed several HT units and they are very impressive.

Re: Hi all new here looking at air water heat pumps which one is best and cheapest wi

Hi Steve,
how is your sys working, i just installed the dalkin altherma HT 16kw and i have installed 4KW of pv solar, The only thing that encouraged me to go this deap financially speaking was that there is a 20 year FIT and annual payments from the Gov for going Carbon Free or as close as it is possible.

Regards

Alex

Why ht, I'd never personally go that way, I've found you can replace all rads and run at 50c max for the same a ht unit will cost over a lt unit

mitsi ecodan! 1 x outdoor unit - doesnt look hidious and inside 1x unit roughly the size of a fridge, with the hot water and buffer tank built in. all u need electrically is 32amp supply to outside 1 x 5 amp for controls inside and 2 x 16amp supply for 2 back up immersers. fit these in a day and half doddle!! the kit comes with everything u need except the pipework :p fitted loads and all good feed back!

Me too, I have a Daikin Altherma air source heat pump. Very impressed, with performance and economy. Would deffinately not consider LPG or oil in comparison, Biomass maybe, but they are labour intensive and very expensive. Winding the clock back a few years, I never thought I would be saying this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hi all new here looking at air water heat pumps which one is best and cheapest with i in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
I'm building a new house and I have no idea what option to chose for heating/hot water! I've looked at biomass/pellet boilers, electric combi boilers, air source heat pumps and solar panels(combined with an electric boiler) After doing a lot of research (and not understanding some of the...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by the survey. I have had loads of plumbers over, and have always carefully checked their reviews/tried to vet them as much as possible. However, I've had...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical, carpentry it's been never ending. The house was built by Barratt Homes in the year 2000, it is a 3 bedroom house called a Palmerston, the CH/HW system is a Y...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, Been having a real saga and head scratching situation. I originally had 1 problem, and now 2. Original issue: Air being built up in rads. Having to bleed every other day if not daily. All upstairs rads getting air, and one downstairs in utility room, same room as boiler and not far...
Replies
Views
I have a 5 year old Ideal Logic 15 boiler that has been working alongside an old Grundfos pump possibly about 10years old. The boiler was recently (about 3 weeks ago) repaired and services by an Ideal technician. I had a plumber yesterday from Local Heros who came to fit a new Grundfos UPS3...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock