Discuss hetas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
had job emailed to me to do a quote on some upcoming works and part of the quote is to fit a new wood burner and liner as well as a new wood stove and liner .

do you need hetas for this???

Down your way yes i would think so.
You'll probably need your swan vesta ticket too :smile:

You don't have to use hetas but it does need notifying, whether that be through a CPS such as hetas, aphc, niceic etc or through a building control inspection.

so if its done accordingly and build control can pass it if they are happy its to regs regardsless ?

so if its done accordingly and build control can pass it if they are happy its to regs regardsless ?
Yeah but be careful as I did mine like the council said ; data plate for hearth , co detector, vent , etc. then building inspector came out said yeah all looks good can I see your flue flow test cert , smoke test cert and spillage test cert? I said what ? Do they need to be hetas certs or does the fact I'm gsr count? No sir, they have to be heatas , wtf!? ? The hassle I had to get a hetas bloke to pass it for me errrrrrgh still peees me off 2 years later get a hetas bloke to do it, it's not worth the hassle if you're gonna do it properly

Hetas or any other recognised solid fuel CPS. I keep banging on about it because HETAS do not have the monopoly like gas safe. In fact gas is the only trade where there is only 1 CPS to choose from, gas safe.

You can make your own certificates if you want, as long as the correct information and tests are carried out and recorded. Doesn't have to have a HETAS badge on it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to hetas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Guys, My chimney failed the test so I need to install a flue liner for my Gazco Stockton gas fire. It was over a year ago when the engineer condemned the chimney and I remember him also saying something about it needing some sort of box fitted into the fire recess but I can't remember the...
Replies
Views
G
Hi - I've had some conflicting advice so looking for confirmation please - what size should a heat sink radiator for a log burner/boiler be? I've been told by one installer 10% of output to water and another 20%. I can;t find aything in building regs and can;t find a HETAS document with that...
Replies
Views
G-laaar
G
Hi all, Just a quick question. I have a log burner and a gas boiler on a dual fuel system (Central heating and Hot Water) either can do both. The hot water tank I believe is a closed system but is on the same level as the bath. Therefore as you might guess the water pressure at the bath even on...
Replies
Views
Flue Snugs Hello all new member here. Flue snugs. I’m seeing a lot of boiler installs on you tube that don’t have flue snugs to comply with Part L building regs. What are the rules regarding flue snugs, do they have to be fitted on all new boiler installs. I prefer to use sand/cement...
Replies
Views
Hi all,new to the forum and hoping to get some guidance through the boiler minefield . We moved into a 70s bungalow last Feb,its got a Greensted 241 junior mark 3. The expansion tank has failed, also it has a Boss therm sender unit wired to it but the previous owner didn't leave the receiver...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock