Search the forum,

Discuss Herz pressure reducing valve issues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Moz

Hi one n all.
I run maintenance for a building with 456 rooms in it. For each 2 rooms there is 1 riser with a PRV on the hot water supply. I'm constantly getting valves that seem to be sticking closed. In the 6 months since we opened, we've attended probably about 70 valves, and about 25 of them are reoccurring. To reinstate them we have to turn the tap on, turn the screw all the way open then close it to the correct pressure again. The contractor that fitted them all (LJJ) are blaming the valves, the valve manufacturer (Herz) is blaming poor installation. Anyone else had this issue?

Any pics of said install and from hertz what’s wrong with the install ?

Hi one n all.
I run maintenance for a building with 456 rooms in it. For each 2 rooms there is 1 riser with a PRV on the hot water supply. I'm constantly getting valves that seem to be sticking closed. In the 6 months since we opened, we've attended probably about 70 valves, and about 25 of them are reoccurring. To reinstate them we have to turn the tap on, turn the screw all the way open then close it to the correct pressure again. The contractor that fitted them all (LJJ) are blaming the valves, the valve manufacturer (Herz) is blaming poor installation. Anyone else had this issue?

Hi Moz
Unfortunately I do not have any experience of Herz PRVs.
Firstly and obviously, what do Hertz say with regard to resolving the issue? I.E. what needs to happen for them to perform reliably?
It occurs to me that having that information would help resolve who is responsible!

The reality here though is that the party 'responsible', is the party you have a contract with - the people you paid. If that's the contractor then it's their obligation to resolve it and then claim it back from the manu if that's what it takes. Why you are playing piggy in the middle is a mystery to me. ;)

Hi Moz
Unfortunately I do not have any experience of Herz PRVs.
Firstly and obviously, what do Hertz say with regard to resolving the issue? I.E. what needs to happen for them to perform reliably?
It occurs to me that having that information would help resolve who is responsible!

The reality here though is that the party 'responsible', is the party you have a contract with - the people you paid. If that's the contractor then it's their obligation to resolve it and then claim it back from the manu if that's what it takes. Why you are playing piggy in the middle is a mystery to me. ;)
Hi. To be honest they've not got back to me with the why's and wherefores. I had resolved to get tough with them Monday and start being a bit harder.

Reply to Herz pressure reducing valve issues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock