Search the forum,

Discuss helpfull fault worcester 28i juniour in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

southcoastboile

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
just thought id tell everyone about a fault i came across today, worcester 28 juniour, locks out every time, fan running but aps not making, ordered new aps, went back and fitted, all working fine.

2 days later customer phones, same problem, went back and found fan runs on htg but boiler doesn't fire, when hw demand fan drops in speed and boiler doesn't fire, i thought it was a fault with the fan relay on pcb so ordered new pcb, fitted pcb and still same problem,

tested new aps and found faulty, picked up another new one and replaced, on replacing i found new aps had melted blocking of hole to aps tube so not sensing fan speed, could see no obvious reason for this, flue, flame picture etc were all ok, phoned technical and asked if they had come across this, the guy said straight away, i no exactly what that is, there is an intermitant fault with the pcb causing the fan to cut off before the burner so the flames search for air and go under the combustion chamber side pannels.

so if you ever come across an aps that has signs of heat dammage on this boiler be sure to change pcb and aps, hope this helps someone out so they don't do what i did and loose out on the cost of original aps.

Cheers for the info. Always helpful to hear stories like this.

seen this fault on this boiler many times,another thing it can do is go to full rate in ch mode and ignore the hl stat and thermister only stopping when the aps totally melts

Had this as well, currently repairing a 24iJunior, cuts out at odd times, eventually found fault to be pcb, when you press the lower left Worcester badge you can get the red neon to light and then go out !

All connections checked and double checked, pcb must have a dry joint somewhere?

Customer is chuffed she has a work around till I get back monday with new pcb.

I have had this problem also except I replaced the APS and then the PCB a couple of stats etc and then i sussed the plastic connector that joins the 3 pipes together had partially melted. What a result I was well happy sorting that one out LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to helpfull fault worcester 28i juniour in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. I hope you are well. Need some advice on this boiler and fault. E229. Went there and condensate was totally blocked so cleaned it and still not fixed. Then serviced it and still got the fault. Called up worcester and one says its the gas valve as it is making a 3 whoosing noises while...
Replies
Views
Hiya fellow gas engineer. Need some help on this boiler fault. Went out to this E133 Error on a Potterton Titanium 24 (GC: 47-393-39) I checked the inlet standing pressure which was at 25mb. Boiler attempts to fire and the pressure drops by 1mb but the gas valve doesn't open. Checked the black...
Replies
Views
Hello, Looking for someone who can please help solve this problem and fix our boiler. Staffs area. CH seems fine. Boiler can be coaxed into full burn with the fan spinning at full speed, so I think everythings fine on the gas/air/flue/condensate side of things. If there is DHW demand on the...
Replies
Views
I need some help with a Worcester Junior 28i gas boiler and I'm hoping someone here may have came across this fault before ... I have checked the following: 240v at supply connections All internal push on connections are correctly fitted to the PCB board The transformer is giving the correct...
Replies
Views
    • Funny
    • Optimistic
Hi, I've got a ferroli 901 boiler, I initially thought the pcb was at fault so bought a new one and I'm having the same problem ( has been connected correctly), I switch the boiler on, all correct leds light up, pump starts, fan starts, pilot fires up, then it shuts down, all lights go...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock