Search the forum,

Discuss help with wiring up new boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Matty Birch

Gas Engineer
hi I have just replaced a potterton promax he and cant get my head around the wiring to replace it.

5 cables in as marked on the original boiler are SL E N and 2 PFs but where was it getting the 240 from? And also why is there just 2 pump feeds going into same connector and nothing returning?

Have rang a few sparkles and non are interested as it's not a combi ... urgent help needed.

20190109_100615.jpg

20190109_100627.jpg

20190109_144947.jpg

The old boiler doesn't require permanent live

Only switch live

So old boiler switch live
Neutral
Earth
Pump live

Does the boiler require a perm live ?

Pump live goes in the left hand drawing live

Neutral and earth in right

so the old boiler didnt have a 240 live going into it? Not sure on the permanent live will have a look through the book now. so if I take the pump feeds to the left can I link the 240 to the Live and neutral on the pump side on the left?

so the old boiler didnt have a 240 live going into it? Not sure on the permanent live will have a look through the book now. so if I take the pump feeds to the left can I link the 240 to the Live and neutral on the pump side on the left?

correct only power when it was calling

why would you want to link live to pump boiler sorts the power out for the pump so no need to link anything

just put the pump feeds in there may only be a live and its getting its neutral and earth from the heating wiring centre

so can I just take the link out in the picture and pump feeds to the left side?

then the brown marked as switched live to the boiler L and neutral and earth as standard?

or if you dont need a per supply just put the switch live in the live terminal

20190109_144947.jpg

More than welcome I’m guessing it didn’t require perm live ?

Reply to help with wiring up new boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock