Search the forum,

Discuss Help with Potterton Suprima HE 60 in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

HI everyone. I have an old Potterton Suprima HE 60. Was going to replace when we get our extension next year but of course it's started to play up now.

I'm able to keep the boiler running so that it can keep the hot water going. But as soon as I turn on the CH, it's only able to fire up and run for about 10 minutes and then I get a lock out with a red light on the left hand side. Yes I can reset it each time and it will fire up again before doing the same thing. Obviously I don't want to be doing this repeatedly as there is an obvious fault. I was just wondering whether anyone could suggest what the fault may be? Appreciate it could be a number of things. I have an F&E tank up in the loft and a Boiler Mate 2 on the first floor. When I do turn on the CH, the radiators warm up fairly quick, like I say, I just can't keep the boiler from locking out. Attached photo.

Any advice appreciated, cheers.

Attachments

• IMG_9115.jpg
    IMG_9115.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 7
Good afternoon Dave, it could be a few possibilities.
  • You may want to check that tank in the loft 1st, make sure it’s not dry or lacking on water.
  • Could be a sticking pump, but you do have hot water
  • 3 port valve?

Hi there, many thanks for replying!

F&E tank seems fine, full of water
Pumps seem okay, seem to be working judging by the soft noise they emit.
3 port valve? I googled this and can't seem to find it anywhere near the Boiler Mate 2 cylinder. Certainly nothing with a motorised head on it I don't think?

Sounds like the pumps gone as there’s a few in the boiler mate

Ok, are you a key to post photos of cylinder cupboard? I have seen these valves in lofts before now.
There are a lot of clothes/towels in there but definitely no 3 port valve with a motorised head to it. Only a mixing valve with a white cap. With regards the loft, this is a loft extension so have full access to the F&E tank as well and nothing up there. I have managed to get hold of a manual online for the boiler and the fault lights on my boiler seem to show an air proving fault? (attached)
[automerge]1602321025[/automerge]
Sounds like the pumps gone as there’s a few in the boiler mate

Thanks for replying.
I did check them. There are two Grundos pumps and both seem to be working okay. If I turn the speeds up on them you can hear them kick in. Obviously I am not an expert just saying that it would appear the pumps are working. Also, there doesn't seem to be an issue getting hot water around the house. Flow and return pipes going into boiler both hot etc

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-10-10 at 10.05.15.png
    Screenshot 2020-10-10 at 10.05.15.png
    62.2 KB · Views: 2

Reply to Help with Potterton Suprima HE 60 in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock