Search the forum,

Discuss help with portfolio in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pknight

Hi there I am qualified plumber to level 2 with 12 years experience and i am very keen to add the gas safe certificate to my skills. I will be seld funding the course but I am struggling to set up work experience/supervised work time to complete the portfolio. Any help or suggestions. I am self employed working on new build sites mainly. I appreciate I will have to take thia time potentially unpaid. I live in the essex area.

As has been said many times before on here, and I asked the same question as well, you will find it difficult unless you are proactive in the matter.
There are a lot of companies around, especially down south, that will help you for a fee but either way it's going to cost you. If you don't pay a company to help you complete the portfolio then you are likely to be giving free labour to some and that costs as well because you're not earning.
At the moment I'm just about to start my portfolio for my ACS (Hopefully) but one of the guys that was on my course just asked a gas fitter that he saw at a job, had a chat and demonstrated competence through the chat then the fitter asked him if he wanted to just complete the portfolio or if he wanted a job out of it. He said both and the fitter has taken him on.
Try asking, you just don't know what the response will be.
Oh - and good luck :)

Robert you're a class 1 applicant you dont need one do you?
I know it, you know it, but OLCI won't accept it so I have to complete the portfolio stage before I can take the ACS. They did say that I would have to work on gas related jobs for at least 6 months but I have (Successfully) argued that I don't need that long as I already work in the heating industry - still I'm not too worried about it. It'll be done in a couple of weeks. I reckon I can get all the requirements of the portfolio covered in about 5 jobs, and they don't need me to do a full install either.
Off to the pub now as I have got the day of tomorrow :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to help with portfolio in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock