Search the forum,

Discuss Help! Vaillant boiler not working after changing out a radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello guys.

Please can you help as at wits end. I've changed out 4 radiators over the last 12 months in my house and the last one being yesterday. I now have a F75 code and a S98 information code on my vaillaint Pro eco tec 28 combi boiler.

I had a GSR installer friend come over and he bled the pump and auto air vent which worked for about half and hour. When the missus went to put heating on via remote control thermostat it went back to F75 mode again!

I've bled all radiators starting bottom to top and there is an cold standing pressure of 1.1bar

Is there anything simple that could be done to alleviate this problem as have no hot water or heating. All other rads were no problem just this one.

Thanks all very much

Martyn

Hello guys.

Please can you help as at wits end. I've changed out 4 radiators over the last 12 months in my house and the last one being yesterday. I now have a F75 code and a S98 information code on my vaillaint Pro eco tec 28 combi boiler.

I had a GSR installer friend come over and he bled the pump and auto air vent which worked for about half and hour. When the missus went to put heating on via remote control thermostat it went back to F75 mode again!

I've bled all radiators starting bottom to top and there is an cold standing pressure of 1.1bar

Is there anything simple that could be done to alleviate this problem as have no hot water or heating. All other rads were no problem just this one.

Thanks all very much

Martyn

Try putting the pressure up to 1.5 bar if it works it will get you by for a couple of days but you will need an engineer to sort the underlying issue.

Pressurise it to about 1.5-1.8. I found vaillants dont like 1 bar and need that extra bit of pressure to work otherwise you will constantly have problems with f75 no matter how many times you replace the part that causes it.

Pressurise it to about 1.5-1.8. I found vaillants dont like 1 bar and need that extra bit of pressure to work otherwise you will constantly have problems with f75 no matter how many times you replace the part that causes it.
Thanks mate, so when the heating kicks in it will raise the bar pressure higher. So do you think that'll be OK on the radiators etc? Once raised to 1.5 bar cold do I need to bleed the rads?

Reply to Help! Vaillant boiler not working after changing out a radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock