Search the forum,

Discuss Help... underfloor heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, can any one give any advice on UFH please? We have a system that goes through one pump, picture attached, and there is no way of switching the UFH off whilst the downstairs heating is on, despite it being on a separate thermostat.

When I turn the thermostat for the UFH something in the boiler kicks into life but it seems to have no effect on the UFH being on or off.

The reason I ask is I need to switch it off as we have just had wood floor fit and knocked through to the conservatory, so half the room now has UFH and half hasn't and I fear one side will expand more than the other and buckle.

A plumber has been and has turned off two isolator valves with a screwdriver out of shot to the left, and that has made two of the grey pipes cold, but the others are still warm.

I've turned the pump down to setting 1, and closed the red mixing(?) valve at the top, but not sure it's shut down the UFH or not. It's very difficult to tell as there is wood on top of tiles, plus I'm paranoid!

I could do with someone labeling with pipe might be doing what!

Thanks in advance!

20181128_203351.jpg

disconnect the power to the pump/ controls or if your confident to do so drain down and cap the unwanted circuits.

Reply to Help... underfloor heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock