Search the forum,

Discuss Help required please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mortonjag

Ok folks-I'm not a tradesman, just a competent DIYer but I'd very much appreciate some advice.

I'm in dispute with a 'friend' because I've charged £10 per hour for a variety of jobs, including ripping out the old units, and fully fitting her new kitchen.

First off, her non mains water pressure was down to a trickle. An old Watermill pump had been disconnected, so I reconnected that to the electrical supply after plumbing it back in. Needless to say it was 'goosed'!

I sourced and completely fitted a new Grundfoss pump (they paid for the pump), with an excellent result. In addition I 'plumbed out' the old taps, sink and washing machine, and plumbed in the replacements. I'm just wondering what sort of charge she'd have got from qualified guys.

Ernie

Hi and welcome

every job is priced on its own
I do not give phone quotes or email quote
you need to see the job before pricing,

your price would be differant from ours because we pay insurance and have other out lays. if any thing go's wrong then our customers have peice of mind that they are coverd
it is up to you to have your price aproved by your customer before starting work

hiya i dont normaly charge any thing for close friends or family as long as they dont take the juice out of my servies. i just say materials are this much and thats it and then they always say you cant do that for nothing and end up giving you money for your time sometimes more than what i would of charged anyway they think there a winner and so do i

Well I charge £45 per hour, but my daily rate works out at about £18 per hour for larger jobs. Considering the work you are doing, as long as you have done it properly you should be paid in line with other tradesmen.

You would be a donut fitting a kitchen on £5 per hour . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help required please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by the survey. I have had loads of plumbers over, and have always carefully checked their reviews/tried to vet them as much as possible. However, I've had...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A gardener/landscaping friend of mine is going to install an irrigation system in a customer's garden. He asked me to pop around and measure the pressures and flowrates...
Replies
Views
Just looking for some advice, I have just fitted a new kitchen sink and both water pressures are the same in hot and cold on the mixer tap, both connected to tap flexies with shut off valves, however when hot is turned on it is not turning on the hot water for the boiler, previous sink had...
Replies
Views
Hi we've just had a bathroom fitted with a mixer tap to the sink and mixer tap with a bath handheld shower fitting to the bath and there is almost no pressure at all. Previously we had single taps and the pressure was fine and is good downstairs. It is all gravity fed. We have a shower pump...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a had a gravity boiler replaced from a Potterton 80e to a more recent Valliant ecoplus boiler. The cold water tank is in the loft space directly above the 1st floor bathroom and the hot water copper immersion tank is in the 1st floor bathroom cupboard space. A fairly normal...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock