Search the forum,

Discuss Help? Pressure relief valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

pressure relief valve screw.png

Can anyone help me with this small problem. To make a long story short basically this screw at the side of the pressure relief valve keeps leaking. I tried to undo it and tighten it again but still continues to leak drops of water.

Any suggestions?

@townfanjon it got replaced with a new valve by an engineer and when they went i saw drips coming from the small screw so i tried to tighten it but it still leaks from the screw. i noticed literally 20 minutes after they left once i saw a pile of water around the counter

@townfanjon it got replaced with a new valve by an engineer and when they went i saw drips coming from the small screw so i tried to tighten it but it still leaks from the screw. i noticed literally 20 minutes after they left once i saw a pile of water around the counter
So as you are training you thought, I’ll tell what, I’m going to have a go at this myself?

@Harvest Fields lol how did you read my mind. i know that we should be gas safe to mess around with boilers etc especially with gas which i dont joke around with because its serious. But i thought that because its a water issue i will try to tighten just in case it might be loose. But it didn't work o_O

Reply to Help? Pressure relief valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning All I have a Megaflo unvented cylinder . Water had been dripping into the tundish so I tried to recharge the air gap, but when I went to turn the pressure relief valve it would not turn at all, as it usually would. My shower has been dripping in the bathroom next door , could in anyway...
Replies
Views
In our sealed Megalo system, when hot water tap is used (say in bathroom shower) the megaflo is taking in some fresh water, I guess to compensate for the water used. The incoming water go via a pressure relief valve [most likely its this one: Heatrae Sadia 8 Bar Pressure Relief Valve -...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
Hi, all. I have a leak problem behind the washing machine. It's a pipe that is leaking directly into a drain. It used to drip but now is leaking a steady stream without stopping. Seems to be coming from water heater but I cannot tell. It is cold water. When I turn off the main water supply, it...
Replies
Views
Pritesh Patel
P
W
Hi all. So I have an OSO Super SXD 180 immersion heater and it is pouring a huge amount of water out of the cold water pressure relief valve regardless of whether the tank is heating or not. We're talking litres a minute currently. I have replaced the valve which changed nothing. I have...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock