Search the forum,

Discuss Help please to identify this sink drain in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

strinjf

I need to replace the sink drain fitting on a circular sink because the retaining screw thread is damaged so it is no longer held to make a tight seal against the underside of the sink.

Long shot, but does anyone recognise the brand/part from the attached photo?

Thanks for looking!

John.

Attachments

• 2015-04-16 14.10.20.jpg
    2015-04-16 14.10.20.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 56
Its a bit of a guess but ikea used to do grey wastes / pipes

Thanks for your quick reply but I don't think it is Ikea. It was fitted in the 80s. I'll take a look in case their stuff might fit though. The quest continues.. :)

It shouldnt be a hard job to convert it to a new McAlpine basket waste, just measure the hole in the bottom of the sink and check the new one will fit, they are more or less a standard size these days, not sure about one that old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help please to identify this sink drain in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

my bathroom sink (installed 2017) was broken recently and needs replacing. on inspection there is no brand name and only a few markings so I'm guessing its a trade sink that plumbers would buy. The sink has 1708 indented in the china which i guess is a model number but doesnt show up on google...
Replies
Views
    • Useful
My parents have a leak from kitchen sink. My dad removed waste trap and since refitted it leaks, but there wasn’t any kind of seal on it, I got a rubber/plastic gasket that seems To fit the trap but with it, I can’t get it to screw and lock back on (has lugs so locks after quarter turn. But...
Replies
Views
Just moved house. Need to change the seat on this toilet, but after buying 3 (that did not fit), and spending around 6 hours trawling the web, I can't find a seat that matches the dimensions I need. I am stumped, and hoping one of you just recognises this by sight! Info / clues: Neither the...
Replies
Views
Had to replace my kitchen sink waste strainer and have struggled to find a direct replacement. The old fitting is plastic with a screw on top to tighten to the sink. The length is 60mm with a 45mm thread diameter which screws into existing pipework. I shopped around and managed to source a new...
Replies
Views
Hi sorry im a newbie, pls help if u can. I had a new bathroom installed about a yr ago and since then when i flush the toilet the room stinks of sewer gas. Not only does the b/room stink it also smells in the kitchen too, which is directly below the toilet/b-room. It doesnt do it everytime...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock