Discuss Help please need a mentor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

hi, my name is saghir and i have compelted my 12 months options skills course. to finish my course i need to complete a portfolio of work for them. i have tried to get a mentor around my area of heckmondwike but been difficult to say the least. I can travel to Bradford, leeds, Dewsbury, Batley and towns in between if anyone is willing to be my mentor. I have completed the course with options skills in manchester but that is a way away to travel. If anyone can help i would be most gratefull. If anyone can, the option skills is offering free ACS exam. Thankyou.

hi, my name is saghir and i have compelted my 12 months options skills course. to finish my course i need to complete a portfolio of work for them. i have tried to get a mentor around my area of heckmondwike but been difficult to say the least. I can travel to Bradford, leeds, Dewsbury, Batley and towns in between if anyone is willing to be my mentor. I have completed the course with options skills in manchester but that is a way away to travel. If anyone can help i would be most gratefull. If anyone can, the option skills is offering free ACS exam. Thankyou.

Really come on someone can help!

This is the problem with these training companies. Do half a job and then leave you hanging.

But why start a course when there's no way to complete your portfolio?

This is the problem with these training companies. Do half a job and then leave you hanging.

But why start a course when there's no way to complete your portfolio?

Need positive replies, someone willing to help, not negative where accusations and finger point. Ta.

Maybe not all are cynical as you mate. Maybe there are those out there who will.

You keep at it.
A great addition to your part qualifications will be a current driving licence, being, over 21
and if you have your own transport. This can put you head and shoulders above others
...a driving licence is as good if not better than any degree in anything if you are between
18 - 25 ....centralheatking

Fully qualified now.

Note, admin have edited this post.

@saghir Hi mate just came across this post. i am also doing my portfolio through option skills in Manchester. im just finalising my portfolio work before i submit it in. I wanted to ask what was the process you went through once you completed the portfolio? did they put you into ACS straight away. And how long did it take you to complete your course. Thanks

@Ibraheem, after i finished the portfolio, i did my sumatives, passing those i went for the acs, theory and practical. which lasted about 2 weeks altogether.

@saghir Thanks for the reply and last question. What did you do once you passed and registered? Did you work as self employed or joined a company? and whats the best advice could you give us new trainees that will be qualified soon?

Hi Ibraheem,
How’s your experience been with option skills? I’m thinking about starting my domestic gas course with them in Birmingham. Did they provide you with an engineer to complete your portfolio?

Reply to Help please need a mentor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back