Search the forum,

Discuss Help needed to find an adapter / reducer for basin waste in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Leighval

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and need some advice. I am not a plumber by any stretch of the imagination, but I try my best at DIY.

I have purchased a cloakroom sink from ebay, which was the only reasonably priced one I could find to suite and fit my cloakroom toilet. The issue is all of the waste fittings which were supplied with it are odd sizes and not the uk standard.
I have purchased a new white plastic 1 1/4 trap which fits nicely onto my waste pipe that is boxed in. However the top of the trap does not fit the thread on my un-slotted sink waste part. The sink waste is slightly tapered and roughly measures about 28-30mm in diameter.

I thought I would just purchase a new un-slotted waste, however the hole in the sink is pretty much the same size as the original supplied waste.

I have attached an image if it helps.

Many thanks

quite often ikea basins are like this and are supplied with a plastic bush that screws onto bottom of waste to bring it up to right size..brum

Thanks for replying.

It came with a piece of plastic pipe which screws inside of the un-slotted waste fitting. I am guessing this won't seal and leak as it only screws in 4mm deep with the un-slotted waste fitting overlapping it.

How can I go from this pipe to the waste trap assuming it seals ok?

its hard to picture what you've got did you say a standard basin waste was too big if so think that maybe you've bought a dead duck unfortunately, take what youve got to a plumbers merchant they will help you out but do avoid B&Q though ...brum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help needed to find an adapter / reducer for basin waste in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Desperately in need of help. Getting very annoyed with myself Replaced the click plug in my bathroom for a new Basin Slotted one along with the Thomas Dudley Basin Waste kit All relatively straightforward to put together but why is it still dripping I'm using the preexisting metal...
Replies
Views
My bathroom Basin was installed some years ago by a professional plumber. For whatever reason, the waste was fitted using silicone rather than plumber’s mate. The floor was originally tiled, but I replaced it with high quality vinyl, when fractures began to appear in the grout. As part of this...
Replies
Views
Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with the experience I have picked up over a lifetime. I can make copper pipe runs isolaters taps sink shower etc but me and the missus have bought a small...
Replies
Views
In my last posting, I requested assistance in exchanging a waste that had been fitted using silicone, without actually removing the basin. Mission accomplished. However, I now have a further issue for which I would welcome any suggestions or advice. I decided to replace the McAlpine Pedestal...
Replies
Views
my bathroom sink (installed 2017) was broken recently and needs replacing. on inspection there is no brand name and only a few markings so I'm guessing its a trade sink that plumbers would buy. The sink has 1708 indented in the china which i guess is a model number but doesnt show up on google...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock