Search the forum,

Discuss Help needed from a heating pro in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

ever come across a system with no motorised valves, no cylinder stat, no room stat, two heating pipes and only one pump? Pump is concealed within boiler casing floor standing jobbie. Ideal Mexico...
Had no hot water due to lack of water in f&e. Now heating ground floor scalding hot, hot water coil seems to be heating up water in rads upstairs but not heating up...
Damned pump or blocked cold feed? Bit of both maybe.
System has potterton programmer with seperate sliders for HW and CH. Customer seems to think they can run one without the other but I'm not convinced as they only turn it on for 30 mins in the morning and same again in evening.
Any ideas? Got no pictures as such might be going back in the morning depending on the hot water situation

You can have Hot Water only
or Hot Water and Heating.
You can't have Heating only.

There's a peg inside the Programmer that shoud be set to move the Hot Water slider when the Heating slider is moved to Timed / On.

The Hot water slider controls the Boiler
The Heating slider controls the pump.

You can have Hot Water only
or Hot Water and Heating.
You can't have Heating only.

There's a peg inside the Programmer that shoud be set to move the Hot Water slider when the Heating slider is moved to Timed / On.

The Hot water slider controls the Boiler
The Heating slider controls the pump.

Customer did mention that they have to wiggle the CH slider to get it to stay on independently

The pump doesn't run for hot water only for heating probably has a Randall timer somewhere . Kop
Can't find anything like that only ep2000 potterton programmer. No tees in cylinder pipes just elbows down to floor top and bottom. Heating coil connections hard against wall straight down.
Customer memory isn't great and don't want to be rummaging to much. Squeaks when he walks too. Will try venting pump and flushing cold feed if hot water not working again tomorrow. I'll get a pump on order just in case

Reply to Help needed from a heating pro in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
P
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock