Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Help! Kitchen Connector in the Fittings & Pipes area at

  1. Leng Taing

    Leng Taing New Member

    I'm trying to install a undersink water filter system.
    I've removed the cold kitchen tap connector hose and replaced it with a FEMALE TEE 15MM X 15MM X ½ but the depth of the female branch is deeper than the male so it's reaching the end before tightening properly. I've tried it with 2 rounds PTFE tape but it's causing a slow leak.

    I have a feeling the male and female connectors are different standards.

    Can anyone confirm and suggest what I can do? Use more tspe?

    I can't seem to find a female tee all with 15mm.

  2. Chalked

    Chalked Plumber GSR

    You shouts every been supplied with a rubber washer to fit inside. No ptfe required.
    If it’s the brass connection on to the isolation valve, you will need 12-15 turns of ptfe.
  3. Leng Taing

    Leng Taing New Member

    Nop. Didn't come with any an rubber washer. Was almost like it was made to go around a threaded pipe as appose to a isolation valve.

    That many times? 12 - 15. IIwas way under. OK thanks.
  4. JCplumb

    JCplumb Plumber

    The flexi and the microbore connection aren't made to go on a compression fitting. They are made to go on a 1/2'' union. Something like the following going into the compression ends of the tee will sort you out.
    Tap Tail Adaptors 15mm x 1/2"
  5. Leng Taing

    Leng Taing New Member


    I've added more tape and leak has stopped but i dont know it'll last and want to do it properly.

    JC. you're saying that the previous plumber used (A in the photo) to convert compression to something suitable for the flexi tap connector?

    Would I then be better off, removing (A) from the isolation valve and screwing the branch straight onto the isolation valve? on top of that, use the tap tail adaptor at the ends of the Tee to properly connect the flexi and microbore?

    thanks again all.

  6. gmartine

    gmartine GSR

    Your female tee connector should've come with an olive and nut for both ends. Replace the plastic fitting with the above tap tale and tighten onto tee with an olive and nut then the plastic 1/4" fitting can screw onto that.
    • Agree Agree x 1
Similar Threads - Help Kitchen Connector Forum Date
Vado Spare Parts Help Plumbing Forum Yesterday at 8:53 PM
Good Value Column Radiators - (milano windsor range ) Help Central Heating Forum Yesterday at 7:40 PM